Honored Contributor

@Patz -- helpful information

@Patz, I wanted to give you some info on Guillain-Barre syndrome from the Mayo Clinic:

The exact cause of Guillain-Barre syndrome is unknown. But two-thirds of patients report symptoms of an infection in the six weeks preceding. These include respiratory or a gastrointestinal infection or Zika virus.

The exact cause of Guillain-Barre syndrome isn't known. The disorder usually appears days or weeks after a respiratory or digestive tract infection. Rarely, recent surgery or vaccination can trigger Guillain-Barre syndrome. Recently, there have been cases reported following infection with the Zika virus. Guillain-Barre syndrome may also occur after COVID-19 infection.

Guillain-Barre syndrome may be triggered by:

• Most commonly, infection with campylobacter, a type of bacteria often found in undercooked poultry
  • Influenza virus
  • Cytomegalovirus
  • Epstein-Barr virus
  • Zika virus
  • Hepatitis A, B, C and E
  • HIV, the virus that causes AIDS
  • Mycoplasma pneumonia
  • Surgery
  • Trauma
  • Hodgkin's lymphoma
  • Rarely, influenza vaccinations or childhood vaccinations
  • COVID-19 infection

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

Re: @Patz -- helpful information

Thank you for your helpful information.  I ama big vaccine advocate and have had them all ( some several times) so when my opportunity for Covid vaccine comes my entire family will get it ( there will be millions who go before me ).

Honored Contributor

Re: @Patz -- helpful information

I'm glad if the info helped, @patbz, I know you had some concerns about this syndrome, at least I think it was you.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland