Trusted Contributor

@Jacie wrote:

OMG. No. I don't care to ever see her on air again. Annoying. All. The. Time.

@Jacie

I couldn't agree with you more!!!

Honored Contributor

I liked her a lot and it's good see that she's doing well.  It was so strange, a segment of the posters on this board just couldn't forgive her for losing weight.  She was very popular and then she lost weight (she never was fat, just average size) and being happy about it.  LR and Patti were friends at the time and LR also lost weight but no one criticized her or dogged her the way they did Patti.  It was like they felt that LR deserved to have the body she wanted but Patti did not.  I don't think that factored into Patti leaving, this board has never had that type of impact.  It's just to small.  I remember she was specializing in makeup and skincare when she left QVC, I think that's where her interests were and it appears she built her career around that.  She looks good.  

Super Contributor

Who is DB?   Wasn't it coos who was so rude to her?  He, of the ugly sweaters and a big fan in Bill Cosby.

Honored Contributor

@excpa wrote:

Who is DB?   Wasn't it coos who was so rude to her?  He, of the ugly sweaters and a big fan in Bill Cosby.

As I remember it, Koos was rude to everyone. I'll never forget when, on one of his shows, he abruptly and rudely interrupted the host and told them to turn off the music...he said something like "No music"...not a word of 'please' or 'thank you'...just rude.

Honored Contributor

I saw her on a few infomercials... one for My Pillow... another for some exercise thing you pull with your arms....  and for Calista hair product....   but that is about all I have heard about or seen of her over all the years since she left.  I do think she is very talented and was well spoken.  No matter what she does, I am sure she is making a good living.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Patti Riley

[ Edited ]

She was never particularly popular with me... Had nothing to do with the weight loss per se, but her demeanor, which did appear to change once she lost weight. Keeping in mind, the boards were much more, shall we say, free-wheeling at the time and QVC hadn't yet launched it's big social media campaign a la FB and so on, where things are a bit more tightly controlled. There were several comments on-air about her being upset by things that were said about her, ostensibly on the boards... One assumes that's one of the reasons the current boards, unfortunately, are moderated with such a heavy hand... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Doesn't Patti know that drinking through a straw will give her mouth wrinkles?

Cat Happy

P.S.  I remember Patti working with the Clarks guy (Steve?) and they were pretty entertaining.

Super Contributor

I think Patti was a bridesmaid in Jacque Gonzalez's wedding. So she was good friends with her too.

Honored Contributor

I liked her as a host.  Glad to see she's happy.  She looks so pretty, but her nose looks so different.  Maybe it's too close to the camera?

I'd love to see her on QVC again--even as a vendor.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I think it was last year that I saw Patti selling something on HSN, I believe it was, and she looked good. Can't remember what she was selling though.

@SilleeMee, I saw her too, I think it was maybe the Beauty Blender makeup sponge.