Esteemed Contributor

Re: Paris Shooting and Bombing

@JustJazzmom wrote:

Can anyone explain what an arrondissment is? Is it like a neighborhood or area of a large city in France?

Yes, it is.

Respected Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

Can anyone explain what an arrondissment is? Is it like a neighborhood or area of a large city in France?

It is a borough  of the city. I love 10 no 11 th!

Honored Contributor

There have been "attacks" for the past 3 days in different countries.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@Bestdressed wrote:

Do you think this attack was pre-planned for today or the date Friday the 13th?

Or retaliation for the Jihadi John US drone attack?

I am worried there will be more to come.....

I think it was pre planned because of the coordination.  The gunmen who shot the diners at the restaurant then moved onto the concert venue.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

what is a bit worrisome is that even all the surveillance didn't pick up any chatter about this, which is obviously a pretty large, coordinated attack that had to be planned for awhile.

Trusted Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@Bestdressed wrote:

Do you think this attack was pre-planned for today or the date Friday the 13th?

Or retaliation for the Jihadi John US drone attack?

I am worried there will be more to come.....

I think it was pre planned because of the coordination.  The gunmen who shot the diners at the restaurant then moved onto the concert venue.

That is what I think too.

But, I guess they could be well trained to be ready at a moments notice too.  Just like we are.

I am worried about an attack in USA ... even though it is said they have no alerts for us right now.

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

There have been "attacks" for the past 3 days in different countries.

Beruit yesterday and Paris today. Where was the other one? Thanks. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sometimes I despair about where we are going and where our 'humanity' has gone.  How do we turn things around without meeting violence with violence? Where does that lead us?Isn't that what terrorist want - more violence to blame on others?

I feel that the world is at a loss for having leaders with new visions of how to deal with such events. Violence breeds violence. Why? It has become a cycle of violence. What will be the end result? What are we leaving to future generations? If we keeping doing what we have been doing will there even be future generations? New thinking is sorely needed that goes beyond our traditional modes of response.

Call me naive and crazy.... but really where does it end?

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Adelina wrote:

Sometimes I despair about where we are going and where our 'humanity' has gone.  How do we turn things around without meeting violence with violence? Where does that lead us?Isn't that what terrorist want - more violence to blame on others?

I feel that the world is at a loss for having leaders with new visions of how to deal with such events. Violence breeds violence. Why? It have become a cycle of violence. What will be the end result? What are we leaving to future generations? If we keeping doing what we have been doing will there even be future generations? New thinking is sorely needed that goes beyond our traditional modes of response.

Call me naive and crazy.... but really where does it end?

Great questions with no easy answers, unfortunately. I often wonder the same things myself. Talking doesn't work with these people. Retaliation in a violent way is what they want. So then what?

Honored Contributor

Blessings to the people of France.

I spoke with my 80 something friend in Paris 3 days ago.  She is one fiesty woman, and would be among the first to storm the barricades.

Allons enfants de la patrie!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras