Esteemed Contributor

Since there isn't an "Arts & Crafts" forum, I didn't know where to post this, and figured here would be as good of a place as any.

I have been seeing these Paint with Diamond kits advertised on my FB page, and they do look interesting.

Anybody here do them?

Is one brand better than another?

All opinions welcome.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

@Anonymous032819 

I had to look this up as I have never heard about it.  There is some information on Pinterest.  Maybe browse there for tips and tricks?  It reminds me of paint by numbers on steroids!  

Trusted Contributor

There was a small thread on this last year.  Somebody did a Santa Claus one that was amazing.

Respected Contributor

Check out youtube for plenty of video demos and hints.  I looked into this about 4 months ago; there was another thread on here previously that peaked my interest.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Esteemed Contributor

I've used the diamond dust a few years ago when I had my home decor/floral business. I'm guessing that there is a paint formula or glue formula of this product. It sounds interesting. 

Esteemed Contributor

This is what paint with diamonds is.

https://www.facebook.com/diamondartclub/videos/897289987287926/

pwdlion.jpg

Blue Eye Tiger

pwd1.jpg

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

Yes, I have a relative who loves doing them. Wish she'd get a job to occupy her time.

Honored Contributor

Looks like it could be very therapeutic and something I could even do with my feeble hands. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor
  • I sent for one that I saw on facebook, I only paid about $5 .  It is fun to do .  The one I got have symbols you have to match with the diamonds.  I have seen some with letters that look easier.
Jessa
Respected Contributor

I’ve done several of them.  I enjoy it. It’s tedious but extremely calming ..I do suggest getting a backlight for under the canvas. The symbols can be very hard to see and this lights them from underneath. They’re about $20.00 on Am......  You can also look for kits there also.  Beware of website that don’t tell you they ship from China.  The kits are fine but delivery takes 3 to 4 weeks.