Trusted Contributor

@qqq  You got your post deleted too quickly! Were you trying to change the delivery address? This info from the UPS website could well explain everything. I highlighted the parts that I felt pertained. 

https://www.ups.com/ca/en/help-center/sri/tracking/change-delivery.page

Delivery change options for receivers, before a delivery attempt

When you track a package before the first delivery attempt, UPS My Choice® members see options to change delivery for eligible shipments. Options include redirecting your package to another address, rescheduling the delivery date, or picking up your package at a UPS customer center or at a UPS Access Point™ location, where available.

Not all shipments are eligible for a delivery change. For example, if you purchase prescription medication, perishable items, or high value merchandise, the sender may decide to deliver only to your address or require your signature.

We do not charge to redirect packages to UPS customer centers, The UPS Store locations, or UPS Access Point locations. UPS My Choice members will have a fee for delivery change requests to any other addresses.

Please know changing the delivery address of your package could delay your scheduled delivery date. In addition, transportation fees may apply to certain packages.

If you know you’ll be away from home for a few days, you can also use UPS My Choice to request we hold your deliveries until your return.

If you aren’t a UPS My Choice member and need to change the delivery options for your package before the first delivery attempt, contact the sender. The complexity of the change and timing of the request will determine if there will be any delivery delay. Or, if we identified that the address is incorrect and not deliverable, you can correct it while tracking the package on ups.com.

I also checked the "sender" info page. There is a charge for changing delivery address when the sender requests it.

Occasional Contributor

First of all thank you. That was what was so upsetting. I shouldn't have had to call Q to release the order.  It was the same address as the package my home. They could have rang the bell and asked for I'D if they needed proof. The package is at the facility that loads the truck for my delivery. They did not have to do anything but put it on the truck. Why in the world would I pay that ridiculous fee. Because cc call to UPS was so short I felt they didn't stand up for me.

I'm not trying to make Q pay shipping. I would like them to go to bat for me and groUPS to do the right thing. The package will be going back in a couple of days. The order was 70 plus dollars. There are horror stories about returns. Can only imagine what will happen when the return is from UPS. Thanks again you are very thoughtful.

Trusted Contributor

@qqq First, are you, your family, your property ok? This is certainly a tragic situation and my thoughts are with you.

Ok, I'm pretty sure I'm confused. The address on the shipping label is the address you're trying to get it delivered to? If so, my assumption is that it would have automatically been delivered when service resumed to your street, without you needing to do anything and with no charge.

If it's not going to where the shipping label indicates, it's a change of address as far as UPS, or any shipping company, is concerned. I'm not sure if QVC had to be involved at their request or only because you're not a My Choice member. In either case, it's a layer of protection for all three parties. While I wouldn't want to pay $19.95 either, I don't think it's an outrageous amount. Nor is it charge that I would expect QVC to negotiate on an individual order. It's also not quite as simple as simply placing the package(s) on a truck.

Refusing the order is certainly an option. I guess it depends on how much you liked the lamps. Isn't there any way you can get to the UPS office and pick them up in person? To me that seems a far better option than paying to change addresses or having shipping charges both ways deducted from your refund.

Again, it's a tragic situation. Not your fault. Not UPS's fault. Not QVC's fault. But it does affect thousands of packages in one way or another. 

Esteemed Contributor

Here's what happened.

• She ordered lamps to be delivered to her home
  • She had to evacuate her home
  • She placed a hold on the delivery of said lamps to her home
  • When she could return to her home, she called UPS to reschedule delivery
  • They told her to call QVC
  • She called QVC
  • There was a 3-way call between her/QVC/UPS
  • UPS said that she had to pay almost $20 to have it delivered to her home
  • She's ticked that QVC didn't "go to bat" for her, and "demand" that UPS waive the fee
  • She's ticked at UPS for "charging" her the re-delivery fee to deliver the lamps to her home
  • She can't go pick them up at the UPS warehouse, because UPS won't let her.

That's how I understand it.

Esteemed Contributor

Why is she being charged a re-delivery fee if no original delivery was ever attempted?   FRom what I am getting she called UPS and put the items on hold BEFORE delivery was ever attempted the first time.  THere is no "re-delivery" because there was never a first delivery.

Esteemed Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

Why is she being charged a re-delivery fee if no original delivery was ever attempted?   FRom what I am getting she called UPS and put the items on hold BEFORE delivery was ever attempted the first time.  THere is no "re-delivery" because there was never a first delivery.

@KathyPet

Exactly.

Which is why this story sounds fishy, at best.

Frankly, I think that the whole thing is made up, just to make a slam against QVC and UPS.

Occasional Contributor

Finally someone gets it. That's my complaint. Why the charge. I stopped the package from sitting out front in an empty house. It's not a 're-delivery. They held the package. I would have picked it up but I was able to come home before they opened. The package is an hour away.

As far as slamming the Q that is so not true. I started watching Mary Beth on C V N which became the Q. In all that time I don't even need to count on both hands my returns or orders gone wrong. Last July was the first time in many years that an order went wrong. It never left the warehouse. I came on here someone helped me and the order came in 2 days. So out to slam the Q, I think not. 

Honored Contributor

@qqq

you really should have posted this in the customer care section of the forums. the mods have really been going above and beyond helping customers out with their problems and concerns. they may have been able to take care of it fast and efficiently.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I recently received a delivery back to me which was an exchange and should have been delivered to QVC.  I called CS and was advised that when I received the second delivery to just use the exchange label on that and make sure it was addressed to QVC.  I had used the wrong label.  Simple as that.

I do realize the OP's situation was more complicated than mine.  However, I order quite often and I have been a customer since the early 1990s.  I can count the times there was a mistake in delivery and when there was, CS was excellent in solving it.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Super Contributor

Re: Paging qqq...

[ Edited ]

@qqq .....I read your first thread about what happened and wanted to say you may want to call ups again and get another rep,something tells me she didnt know what she was doing by wanting to charge you a fee to deliver it....If its already been sent back at least you can find out if she was wrong or if this is something new they are doing........I cant tell you how many times i have been given wrong info from qvc cs and i only find out by calling and getting a different rep....So sorry this happened to you and on top of having to evacuate just makes this even worse!!Ticks me off.Take care.