Super Contributor

Hi kittymomNC,

I am looking to get a new all in one printer and now that you have had your Epson printer for awhile, I am wondering how you are liking it.  How is the quality, ink use and ink cost.  I would mostly use it for printing and scanning documents, some color, but mostly black and white and #10 envelopes. Thank you in advance for your time and feedback.

tkins

Esteemed Contributor

I am not "kittymomnc" but I bought an Epson 3640 wireless printer a few months ago ... I got it from Staples on line and paid approximately $130.00 & free shipping ....I like it very much .... it was very easy to set up and the printing is clear and sharp in black & white & color...... the price of the ink is the same as the printer that I had before .... I order the ink from staples as I found they have the best prices......  when I first got the printer I had to do " tons" of printing so the ink went pretty fast but, that was because of the volume of printing that I was doing...... I hope this helps .... if I had to buy an additional printer I would buy the same one.

Super Contributor

Hi January121,

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to my message. Your information was very helpful and I am really leaning towards this particular printer. Lots of good reviews and it looks like it could handle our printing needs.  I have been going back and forth between epson and canon, but I think I just may go with this one, staples has a really good deal right now and if we don't like it we can always send it back at no charge. Thanks again for the information.

tkins

Respected Contributor

Thanks for this info @tkins and 

@January121.  We've been looking at 

printers to buy before our very old 

one stops working.  I haven't seen

@kittymomNC posting lately

hope she's ok.

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Super Contributor

Hi newziesuzie,

You are very welcome and thank you for the heart Smiley Very Happy

After January 121's response and reading some more reviews.  I did go with the Epson 3640 printer.   I ordered it from Staples website, not only is the price good, but I was able to use some rewards points that I had and was able to get the printer, 1 each of the the xl ink cartridges, new USB cord and a the 3 year square trade warranty and free shipping and I still have lots of points left over for something else.  The thing that I really liked about this printer was two sided printing, envelope printing,  the ink is reasonably priced and even the color cartridges come in xl high yield 1100 pages per cartridge and it supposedly will continue to print even if one of the colors runs out.    The deal was so good that I ended up ordering one of everything I got for us, except the USB cord, for my husband for a group he belongs to, that was also looking for a new printer.

If you are still looking it is still on sale at staples.com at the best price I found.   Everything I got for us came to $299.00 and without the new USB cord was $293.56, not too bad for a printer, replacement ink and 3 years of extra coverage.  

Hopefully this will make your choice a little easier, it can get really confusing.

tkins 

Super Contributor

I hope kittymomnc is ok too, maybe she will see this and say hi.

tkins