Honored Contributor

@Cindy-QVC

Sorry about that.  I have ad blockers enabled on my browsers.  I didn't see the "stuff" you edited out from my links.  When I disabled the ad blockers I saw the political sidebars. Smiley Embarassed doh.gif

From now on, I will make my links "unclickable" and/or name the website I copy/pasted the article(s) from.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Re: Paging Cindy-QVC

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Cindy-QVC

Sorry about that.  I have ad blockers enabled on my browsers.  I didn't see the "stuff" you edited out from my links.  When I disabled the ad blockers I saw the political sidebars. Smiley Embarassed doh.gif

From now on, I will make my links "unclickable" and/or name the website I copy/pasted the article(s) from.

@Mz iMac  What is in red is what I've started doing too, since the Mods got so strict about the links (which they weren't always).  I had happen to me what happened to you - I never even had seen the side stuff when my post got zapped.   

Or sometimes now I just take the most important sentence or two out of the article from the point I'm making to prove my point, and put them in quotation marks and cite the source.

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Cindy-QVC

@Mz iMac  Now I am confused.  I know that the mods can edit but why was your thread left standing with edits but Sea Maiden's thread was deleted in its entirety??

How can the mods edit sidebars on a link??

Please explain??  Or am I reading this incorrectly???

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3

Mod Cindy deleted my links to the articles I posted but left the articles.  Nothing w/in the articles themselves violated QVC's Community Standards for Participation.  However, the links I posted to the articles did because of the political sidebars. 

Because of my ad blockers, I do not see sidebars or any other "advertisements, pop ups, etc" that violates the CSP.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Re: Paging Cindy-QVC

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac

I asked the Mods about links before and they told me links are okay, and the actual links for an article weren't the problem, it was the ads, or other items on the same page that was inappropriate-such as advertisements, political articles, controversial topics/photos, or other stuff not acceptable under the Q Standards and Guidelines.   

I usually copy and paste appropriate paragraphs and give credit to the author and source.  But thats a good idea about making it a non-clickable link so people can just copy and paste and put it in a separate browser to read it. 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Cakers3

Mod Cindy deleted my links to the articles I posted but left the articles.  Nothing w/in the articles themselves violated QVC's Community Standards for Participation.  However, the links I posted to the articles did because of the political sidebars. 

Because of my ad blockers, I do not see sidebars or any other "advertisements, pop ups, etc" that violates the CSP.

@Mz iMac  Got it.  I thought Cindy was deleting the sidebars.  LOL  That explains it-you had a link but also posted the story.  So Cindy only deleted the link, not the whole post

Sea Maiden only posted the link.

D'oh. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh