Respected Contributor

Re: PRIVATE SCHOOLS FOR SMALL CHILDREN - NECESSARY?

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@KKJ wrote:

I'm not familiar with private schools in England, but am all for it in this country after what I've seen going on in schools even in my small neck of the woods.  Have any of you heard of "furries"?  It's going on here.

@KKJ Yes, I have heard of them, my grandson's old friend said he is one.....I don't know what is going on!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, it's crazy!  I hadn't heard of it either till recently when my sister who teaches in a neighboring town told me about it. She said not only are kids identifying as animals, but some schools have litter boxes in the restrooms!  I was shocked and smh.

Honored Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@KKJ wrote:

I'm not familiar with private schools in England, but am all for it in this country after what I've seen going on in schools even in my small neck of the woods.  Have any of you heard of "furries"?  It's going on here.

@KKJ Yes, I have heard of them, my grandson's old friend said he is one.....I don't know what is going on!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, it's crazy!  I hadn't heard of it either till recently when my sister who teaches in a neighboring town told me about it. She said not only are kids identifying as animals, but some schools have litter boxes in the restrooms!  I was shocked and smh.

@KKJ Yes, I heard that as well, our grandsom informed us of it, my husband was shaking his head sayuing What is this world coming to? Hard to believe, but it is happening! 

Honored Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@KKJ wrote:

Reading these posts, and thinking back to my school years, I now think school uniforms would have been a good thing.  I had friends who went to girls-only schools, with uniforms, and that seemed ridiculous to me at the time.

Now, I think it would keep their minds more on education and their studies.   

IMO, too many kids are falling through the cracks and don't have even basic skills.  How are they going to even "get by" and make a meager living?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Tinkrbl44 I went to an all girls school for one year. I can tell you that it worked the opposite of keeping their minds on their education. For the year I attended school all the girls talked about was boys. How to get a boyfriend, their boyfriends, dances, games, etc. Separating the girls from the boys just intensified the girls' desires for male attention.