Super Contributor

Re: PRICING ON FASHIONS AND SHOES LATELY...

The prices have risen dramatically recently.  I know brands like Denim & Co have been around a long time, so obviously prices arent going to be the same, but the basic pull-on pants have gone from around $15-18 to around $35.  They just arent worth that price, plus the inconstency in sizing generally is terrible.  I always look at the sizing chart online, but still find items are too big or too small.  The Q is obviously looking at profit first nowadays!!  

Esteemed Contributor

I shop elsewhere.  Items coming out of China and they are way overpriced.

Any here ever learn about Spinerettes?  About the petoleum based colors and liquids to make polyester - it costs pennies and I mean pennies to make yards of polyester.  So why the criminal mark ups for the average looking clothing? 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

The markups are because you are getting "QVC's exclusive designer who goes to London and Paris to bring back the latest styles." I don't wear polyester clothing even when it's called microfiber.

Honored Contributor

You are really not getting a bargin on clothing and shoes at the Q any more, I think what keeps people coming back is the easy pay and being able to shop from home, also the liberal return policy. I would not shop at the Q if these policies were discontinued.

Honored Contributor

It's not just the Q's pricing though.  I've noticed higher prices for clothes at Soft Surroundings, Chico's and JJill's, too.  At my small local Macy's it seems like the quality has gone down.  

Esteemed Contributor

@tansy wrote:

It's not just the Q's pricing though.  I've noticed higher prices for clothes at Soft Surroundings, Chico's and JJill's, too.  At my small local Macy's it seems like the quality has gone down.  

@tansy

I LOVE Talbots but rarely buy anything unless it's on sale or some type of promotion.

Most of the shoe sites offer free s/h and returns. 

Q has a lot of competition and needs to listen to their customers.  The last few items I've bought from HSN and Evine were free s/h.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Esteemed Contributor

Re: PRICING ON FASHIONS AND SHOES LATELY...m

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

I think QVC's prices are too high for the quality of their clothing and jewelry.

I agree. I can buy the same or better quality at Kohl's. With coupons, discounts, etc, I can do that at Walmart prices.

Some of their better quality things I like are, Skechers, Jockey, Olga, and Gold Toe socks.

They also carry some One World items (popular casual line on Evine) and Dana Buchman leather bags are nice.

If I need something higher end, I like Dillards sales.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor

Re: PRICING ON FASHIONS AND SHOES LATELY...m

I've seen a lot of the brands the Q sells at good Will and local thrift stores. I'm not really impressed with their quality or "style" which is kind of dowdy for the most part imo.

I can see people who cannot get out to malls being their biggest customers.

Give me Target any day.

Respected Contributor

@tansy  ita.  everything is more expensive now and my macy's the quality has gone downhill.

even groceries are expensive as all get out here.

Respected Contributor

Almost all their clothing had a price increase to account for the lower shipping. The push to get the Q card and have easy pay is the other tactic to get the customer to bite. It is my responsibility to make good choices and not let sales hype influence me. However, i have noticed that when all the fast talking starts, some hosts have stated the price as the one easy pay amount without saying "on easy pay" or as the "get it home and try it" price, which they were careful to do in the past. It is especially noticeable when I am not watching the screen but just listening. It has happened too frequently to overlook as a misspoken one off. Please QVC, retain your integrity.