Trusted Contributor

PRICING ON FASHIONS AND SHOES LATELY...

Have you recently picked up on the increase in prices on fashion and shoes of late?  It seems like now that we are half way through August and facing fall, everything has suddently increased a great deal in the past few weeks.

I'm seeing the same typical shoes but now they are between $ $ 110.00-$150.00 per pair. Not boots, just shoes.

Sweaters and blouses now are going over $ 75.00-$120.00 or more each and so forth. 

Isaac M. and Lori G. are really increasing prices for fall, and Susan Graver is beginning to do it.

Let's not even discuss handbags !

Where will it end? If we are willing to buy them, they will increase pricing.

We need to do something to stop it. A casual top and bottom is over $ 100.00-$140.00, not counting shoes, bag, and accessories.

I simple can't and/or won't buy these items. It's just too much money.

Seems like every company is trying to outdo the other.

Enough is enough!

Respected Contributor

Re: PRICING ON FASHIONS AND SHOES LATELY...

The only way it will stop is if/when the sales decline to the point that they have to reduce prices to move the merchandise or go out of business.

I refuse to pay the high prices for clothing that really isn't designer label any more than the names on the racks at Kohl's, Macy's, JCP and other local B&M stores.  As for shoes, won't pay top $ for QVC store brand such as GILI and I can get the other brands they sell for the same or lower prices locally and have it immediately.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I agree the brick and motar stores are looking much better especially with their sales and coupons and no shipping or return quipping chargers

New Contributor

Re: PRICING ON FASHIONS AND SHOES LATELY...m

I agree the brick and motar stores are looking much better especially with their sales and coupons and no shipping or return fees.

Respected Contributor

I can't help but notice how the cost of leather clothing, shoes, and boots are getting quite steep. I even see higher prices for the "leather-like" items. Kind of discouraging to me, but I look more closely at places like E-bay. 

Trusted Contributor

I  don't buy clothing, purses, or shoes on QVC. Way overpriced, especially for SG cheap polyester items. I do very well at B&M stores, especially Macy's. This past weekend, I bought a pair of BORN black leather ankle boots for $20, using coupons.

Respected Contributor

QVC prices are too high.  I haven't bought any clothing items in a long time and  I probably won't in the future.  S&H prices are to high too.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@StylishLady wrote:

I can't help but notice how the cost of leather clothing, shoes, and boots are getting quite steep. I even see higher prices for the "leather-like" items. Kind of discouraging to me, but I look more closely at places like E-bay

Ebay is, most times, excellent for just about everything.

Between them, Amazon and Walmart, I'm all set and very thankful.

I do shop at other places, but those three really rock.

Esteemed Contributor

I think QVC's prices are too high for the quality of their clothing and jewelry.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

@keithsmom65 wrote:

Have you recently picked up on the increase in prices on fashion and shoes of late?  It seems like now that we are half way through August and facing fall, everything has suddently increased a great deal in the past few weeks.

I'm seeing the same typical shoes but now they are between $ $ 110.00-$150.00 per pair. Not boots, just shoes.

Sweaters and blouses now are going over $ 75.00-$120.00 or more each and so forth. 

Isaac M. and Lori G. are really increasing prices for fall, and Susan Graver is beginning to do it.

Let's not even discuss handbags !

Where will it end? If we are willing to buy them, they will increase pricing.

We need to do something to stop it. A casual top and bottom is over $ 100.00-$140.00, not counting shoes, bag, and accessories.

I simple can't and/or won't buy these items. It's just too much money.

Seems like every company is trying to outdo the other.

Enough is enough!

Not for everyone.

And never for me, LOL. 

It pays to always do your research (I can't afford not to!) for the lowest prices and best vendors to buy from, including online.

Comparison-shop the heck out of everything!  8)