Honored Contributor

Re: PREDICTIONS FOR WINTER TEMPERATURES!

@hckynutjohn wrote:

What the he!! happened to warming?

hckynut  🇺🇸

Shoekitty said.  Warming is in California. Can't tell you last time I used a sweater or had a coat. Last Christmas they were wearing sandals and shorts out on the street for Black Friday

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@FiddleDeeDee  I live outside of Fort Lauderdale and 74 degrees at home is usually too cool for me. The weather here is usually on par with further south such as Miami. I expect everyone's internal thermostat is different.

I agree with you about the rain, or lack of. It seems to me that the rains have not picked up so far this year. Nothing is turning brown but very dry here.

Honored Contributor

I guess they don't predict for Alaska & Hawaii.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

We have not had any rain in over two months now. We need lots of precipitation to bring us up and ought of our drought, no matter what the form is

Honored Contributor

@FiddleDeeDee Oh yeah I know different parts of Florida.  You won't catch me on the panhandle.  Weather wise the only really nice part of Florida are the keys.  My sister lives in Summerland part of the year.  South Florida is nice, but the further North you go....the stickier/stormy including Tampa. I hate the bugs and I hate daily thunderstorms.  Ironically in Maryland that's what we've had this summer.  Intense humidity, hot and storms in the afternoon.  Today, tomorrow, the next, etc. really...2 forthcoming weeks will be he same. Hot, humid with a daily storm.  Sometime 2 of them. This will be the rest of the summer.  Lots of down trees this morning with 3 trains cancelled because of the debris lying on the tracks. 

Valued Contributor

@FiddleDeeDee   I have noticed that there are no yellow banded millipedes this year. This is the time I usually see them outside and a few in my condo. I wonder if it's because of the dry conditions as they are attracted to moisture.

Honored Contributor

I had hoped for above normal temps along with less snow. Looks like I will not be getting my wish. 

Honored Contributor

Well, it looks like unreasonably cold for us. Have to get my Canadian Boots out, I guess! 

Trusted Contributor

@songbird Family friends back there have all been telling me about the weather. The hot and humid is the norm for MD so it's always expected but the bizarre thunderstorm/rain pattern plus hail this time of year...kinda odd.  I remember we ALWAYS had a storm around lunchtime because we would be at the pool; whistle blew, we all jumped out, got rained on and then....it was over and back into the pool we'd go. 

I heard about all the downed trees along the roads/95. That's NOT the norm for basic thunderstorms, have to say. Try to stay cool; it's hard in MD during the summer, I know.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Trusted Contributor

@hckynutjohn When it's warmer than "normal", it's global warming. When it's colder than "normal", it's climate change. In any case, Inormal people just refer to these changes as "seasons." /s/😏