Honored Contributor

@orangegarnet wrote:

I have lived in the South- proudly- all my life and have never, ever heard anyone say "stars and garters"..   and I'm in my 60's.  Why say it's a southern thing? 

I had some family member say that and we're Midwest. I'm going on 68 this year!! Does that help?

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

@orangegarnet wrote:

I have lived in the South- proudly- all my life and have never, ever heard anyone say "stars and garters"..   and I'm in my 60's.  Why say it's a southern thing? 

I had some family member say that and we're Midwest. I'm going on 68 this year!! Does that help?

There are LOTS of sayings that are regional ..... or maybe Albany just picked it up from an adult and it stuck with her .....  so what?     No biggie.

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 I understood and you are still wrong. Seven minutes is not a "very tight" time frame. That's plenty of time to do the job and do it right. You've been making excuses for her presentation since your first post re. the brushes so obviously you do care. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Valued Contributor

This post has been removed by QVC. Unfriendly words between posters.

Trusted Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@qualitygal wrote:

@orangegarnet wrote:

There are LOTS of sayings that are regional ..... or maybe Albany just picked it up from an adult and it stuck with her .....  so what?     No biggie.

I don't want to enter this discourse other than to comment on this post.  I DID grow up in the South, and am from a very long generation of Southern families.

As far back as I can search, on both sides of my family, frequent use of "Oh my stars and garters"

terminology  was extremely common among us all. It may however be more familial only to a certain age group of that era, but I doubt it.

For me personally , when I first heard Albany say it I was warmly reminded of "home" and my many deceased family members. Now it just brings a nice smile.

Please don't  rip her apart for her imbeded culture. I'm sure you have yours as well !  Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

@orangegarnet wrote:

Not really, haven't ever heard that phrase but thanks.

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@qualitygal wrote:

@orangegarnet wrote:

I agree no biggie, all I did was make a statement and ask why phrases as that have to be referred back to a southern thing...

No biggie and thanks..

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

@Smaug wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 I understood and you are still wrong. Seven minutes is not a "very tight" time frame. That's plenty of time to do the job and do it right. You've been making excuses for her presentation since your first post re. the brushes so obviously you do care. 

I agree that 7  minutes isn't a tight time frame, but I am guessing that Albany and/or the show producers assumed most people already know how to use a brush.  No way to know.

Highlighted

I personally love Albany.  She is a true Southern lady and she is polite and fun! Very enthusiastic  and she really enjoys what she does.  She is absolutely beautiful and truly cares about her customers. I hope she stays for a long time.