Honored Contributor

I got up really early today.  So far, on the thermostat...I've seen 5/3/2/1/  -28, then 2/3  and now 1.  Think -28.. means it went below 0.

I'm not complaining, it's just cold.  Nothing like the poor people suffering in Texas.  Sheesh.  I feel so badly for them.  I've had to do similar when we were in N.D., but I think their's is worse  right now.  

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is baiting.

Honored Contributor

I only experienced temps close to that at -22 one time when I lived in New York, but there were no outages.  

Surprisingly it felt rather refreshing when I went for a walk.  Crazy, huh?  

Where I live now in the NE, only one time at -2 degrees, we lost electricity for 18 hours during a snowstorm and heavy winds or what we call a blizzard.  I was prepared using our fireplace and gel fuel fireplaces in other rooms.  We were able to keep the house warm.  Used a propane burner on our patio to heat soup and hot water for coffee.

Being prepared is a must in the NE and other areas that get cold and snow. 

Can't imagine temps this low in Texas, though.  Never went below 40 degrees when I lived there.  

Honored Contributor

I think it will warm-up in Texas next week.  In Austin, forecast highs of 60 ond 67 on Tuesday and Wednesday, resp.

Esteemed Contributor

School was cancelled again today because of the wind chill factor...

Honored Contributor

Our highs this week have been below zero.  Wind chill has been -40 twice this week.  Right now it's just -1 with -17 wind chill so it feels like a heat wave. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

Our highs this week have been below zero.  Wind chill has been -40 twice this week.  Right now it's just -1 with -17 wind chill so it feels like a heat wave. Smiley Happy

@CalminHeart I don't know where you live but Oklahoma for most of the state will have been that was for 19 days before we go above freezing maybe this weekend I think.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@CalminHeart wrote:

@CalminHeart I don't know where you live but Oklahoma for most of the state will have been that was for 19 days before we go above freezing maybe this weekend I think.

I know what you mean. It's been sooooooo cold here for the last three weeks. I am about 600 miles north of you. 

Honored Contributor

Check on animals,report people ,take care of them.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

And it is a balmy -4 here in my area of Illinois!🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶

Must venture out to Walmart so I am going to bundle up!  Thankfully there is no wind...

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward