Esteemed Contributor

Our First Dinner Out in Over a Year

[ Edited ]

We finally had dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant.  It was so nice to dress up and wear makeup.  Also nice is that my clothes still fit after a year of wearing sweats and yoga pants.  

Unlike most restaurants. this restaurant has always had social distancing.  All booths have large wood partitions around each table, each partition painted with beautiful Mexican scenes.  Even with that, every other table was blocked off.  What was really nice was that they still had tables filled and lots of to-go orders.  We did take out during the year but eating out was a real treat.  

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

Re: Our First Dinner Out in Over a Year

@SXMGirl - I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time! We ate outside until November. A lot of restaurants we frequent got those big heaters in. But when it got REALLY cold we chose not to go inside those individual tents. 

So we will wait to go inside a little longer, but at least it shouldn't be another year!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Same here 🙂. DH was fully vaccinated yesterday and I am too. We made lunch reservations on the outdoor patio of a Mexican restaurant and requested a table farthest out. We had the area mostly to ourselves and it was a beautiful day. Oddly enough, it did not feel that unusual and certainly not likes it’s been a year.

Contributor

@SXMGirl  So funny that your first night out was at your favorite Mexican restaurant - we too went to our favorite spot this past Tuesday! It was so nice to go out, they were busy and still also had folks picking up take out orders too. We're in Calif - which has had a rough time of the virus. Hopefully this is all the beginning of the end for everybody.

Honored Contributor

@tucsongal wrote:

Same here 🙂. DH was fully vaccinated yesterday and I am too. We made lunch reservations on the outdoor patio of a Mexican restaurant and requested a table farthest out. We had the area mostly to ourselves and it was a beautiful day. Oddly enough, it did not feel that unusual and certainly not likes it’s been a year.

@tucsongal  Not meaning to rain on your parade but I don't think the vaccine takes immediate effect, but rather14 days.  I think it's a mistake to assume instant immunity the day you get your 2d dose.

Honored Contributor

We were able to get our first shot on Tuesday morning. When we were finished it was a little past noon and we decided to eat out for lunch. We have not eaten out for lunch in over a year.

It was sad. Walked into the place. We were greeted with enthusiasm. You didn't have to worry about social distancing. There was only one table with 2 customers seated at it. Needless to say we had the immediate attention of the waitress and our food came out tout de suite.

One lady came in while we were eating but that was it. Also sad to watch the manager at a table in the back corner with tons of papers covering the table and pacing back and forth on the phone. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

@tucsongal wrote:

@tucsongal  Not meaning to rain on your parade but I don't think the vaccine takes immediate effect, but rather14 days.  I think it's a mistake to assume instant immunity the day you get your 2d dose.

——————

No worries about raining LOL and I appreciate the concern 🙂. Fully vaccinated means 14 days out which he now is👍.  I should have said as of yesterday.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Two weeks after the second shot is when you're considered safe(r).

Honored Contributor

We've never stopped living life! As soon as businesses opened up last Spring, we were frequenting the outdoor restaurants. I live on a lake near many tourist towns so there are plenty of outdoor dining with a wonderful views/settings!  Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

@tucsongal wrote:

--------

I'm in the medical field.

The  2nd shot for both vaccines, has about an  97% efficacy!

That, of course, is after 2 weeks.