Esteemed Contributor

Our Evening Last Night, Oh Boy.

DD got home about 6:45 and had 4 bags of stuff from a Wegmans online/pickup order including a gallon of milk.

I had supper ready, my Salisbury Steaks, mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli. Steaks loooked good and smelled great.

She brought bags in and went to get the milk and purse, work tote etc from the car. Got in the laundry room and set the gallon of milk on the washer while she hung her coat up.  Well, the washer has a clear top and is not totally flat. I heard a thud and a string of words that would make a sailor blush. I had the better part of a gallon pf milk on my laundary room floor. She is running for paper towels and a mop, yelling at Petunia who wanted to dive face first in the lake of milk. Then a new string of words when she pulled the dryer out to clean under it and pulled the vent pipe apart. 

I was starving so I got a plate.  I loved it. Meat was tender, gravy was terrific.  DD finally got a plate and announced she didn't care for it. She ate the potatoes and broccoli.

I was not a pleasant evening. Oh, while DD's head was spinning around like Linda Blair Petunia jumps on the console table where her laser pointer is and knocked it on the floor.  That is her nightly, "let's play" signal.' DD's response was, "P you're killing me."

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Our Evening Last Night, Oh Boy.

@CrazyKittyLvr2  Aarrgh! Best laid plans, and all of that! I'm sure your Salisbury steaks were great. 

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

Can kinda relate, just not a gallon or a dryer. Jasper, 1 of our remaining felines, knocked a 32oz. spray bottle of cleaning spray off the kitchen counter. It didn't break, but somehow the spray top came off, and onto the floor it went.

We have a tile floor so not real easy to see this type of cleaner. I bought a great sponge tool that is great for major spills. Think it holds about 16oz. of fluid. Worked perfect for me.

No words other than "Jasper what did you do"?  Took me about 10 minutes to clean it up and dry it with another long handled tool used to pick up dampness.

Now had this been my wife? Same as your daughter, and I could have the mess gone before she quit using all those words!  In that respect, we are opposites. I just get it done and chalk it up as, just another event of that day.

hckynut 🥅🏒

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@hckynutjohn   Usually DD is fairly laid back but she had an ugly day at work, she has a 2 hr. round trip commute and she was just glad to be home until everything hit the fan.

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@hckynutjohn   Usually DD is fairly laid back but she had an ugly day at work, she has a 2 hr. round trip commute and she was just glad to be home until everything hit the fan.

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

Ya know! Life sometimes seems to go that way. When things get kinda bad, for some reason on certain days, everything seems to follow that path. I experienced that on my job many times. The harder I worked to try to turn it around, many times it seemed to get worse.

My commute was only a half hour, all on an interstate for most of the years. Can't imagine driving for 2 hours, on a good day, much less a bad one.

That may be out of character for your daughter, but my wife? Nope, I am pretty used to it now.

hckynut

hckynut(john)