Respected Contributor

Re: Orlando: House split in 1/2

This is sad and I am glad no one was hurt... I hope they have Farmers Insurance..."they have seen it and covered it"...I am not trying to be funny...just see this as an insurance nightmare for the family if they don't have the right coverage.

Trusted Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

I’ve seen that happen when a huge tree falls on a house in a hurricane, but not a crane.  Unfortunately, it usually means the house is done for.

Looks as if it is (was) a lovely home.

Sorry for the owners.

@Drythethat's what I was thinking too.  There's no coming back from that.  I'm sure the owner will sue.  

Respected Contributor

Heartbreaking

Respected Contributor

Terrible for the home owners.  No one was injured, right?

Although a different set of circumstances, I was told this is absolutely true.  A couple was having a very contentious divorce.  She asked for 1/2 of everything, and she should have received it per state law.  The husband was not pleased, so he took a chain saw, a big one, and proceeded to cut the house right down the middle.  He didn't care that his share was worthless, he didn't want his wife to have anything.  Sounds like a tall tale, but the person who told me swore it was true and she knew the people!