Honored Contributor

I am so frustrated.  On 9/21 I ordered two books of stamps from USPS.  I still haven't received them.  I just called the 1-800 # and they said that due to Covid-19 no one was taking calls about orders.  It said to go to my account and click on activity, which I did.

It shows that I ordered stamps months ago but doesn't have my recent order.  I guess I'm out that money since I don't have a customer service agent to help me.  They don't send receipts or order verifications when you place an order.  

This is so frustrating.  Our local post office doesn't usually have the stamps that I want.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Super Contributor

Re: Ordering Stamps

[ Edited ]

Google USPS and get their email address. Works for me with quick follow-up & resolution of my issue.

FYI........I was quite surprised how fast they followed-up with my email concern and fixed it ASAP. I live in a Huge US city. Figured no one would care at USPS. Not so.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@NickNack -

That's not good to hear!

I just ordered stamps yesterday.

I would just get credit from my cc company if they didn't come. I guess that is the best you can do.

That is really disappointingSmiley Sad

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Thanks @bonappetit  and @on the bay .  I did finally figure out how to send them an email.  @on the bay  I'll do what you suggested about contacting my credit card company for a refund if I don't hear back from them.

I've ordered stamps many times and never had a problem.  These were both pre-orders, so maybe that confused them.  I've pre-ordered stamps in the past though.

-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

I buy mine at the grocery store.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ordering Stamps

[ Edited ]

@NickNack Your last line......local office doesn't have stamps you want.............that means a picture I assume.....and do you order on-line?

If you lose money - stamps - forget the picture - your local P O might be more dependable.

I go through lots of stamps - so write a check for $110 for 2 rolls of Forever Stamp w/American Flag.  - - and mail to my same zip code station.  One day delivery.

I don't care who - what picture is featured - bugs bunny is okay with me.

Honored Contributor

That is odd...I order lots of stamps and often. Just placed a big order last weekend and it shipped out yesterday. I have never had a problem.  I guess  never say never!

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

I don't care who - what picture is featured - bugs bunny is okay with me.

I have sheets of Bugs Bunny, Porky Pig & Daffy Duck stamps.  Only 1 sheet left of the Road Runner stamp.  Smiley Tongue

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

I am so frustrated.  On 9/21 I ordered two books of stamps from USPS.  I still haven't received them.  I just called the 1-800 # and they said that due to Covid-19 no one was taking calls about orders.  It said to go to my account and click on activity, which I did.

It shows that I ordered stamps months ago but doesn't have my recent order.  I guess I'm out that money since I don't have a customer service agent to help me.  They don't send receipts or order verifications when you place an order.  

This is so frustrating.  Our local post office doesn't usually have the stamps that I want.

@NickNack 

I have the same issue--- I ordered some Christmas Stamps on 10/18 and wondered about them....I went through Paypal and it looks like there was a temporary authorization and it was waiting for USPS to complete the transaction which they havent yet..... Think Ill email them too

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I ordered a book of Our Lady of Quapulo and Winter Scenes.  I don't use that many stamps but do send Christmas cards.  I enjoy having pretty pictures on my stamps.  I'm using Orchid stamps right now.

I have ordered many times without a problem.  I am so surprised that this happened.

-Henry David Thoreau