Respected Contributor

Occasionally I see a thread here with someone complaining about the hosts not giving all the information when they're watching the Q or something not being on the screen long enough for them to see it.  You're obviously on your computer, on the internet and on the website --- why not just look it up on the computer?  

Honored Contributor

I think a lot of ladies enjoy watching the larger tv screen and don't want to leave the room if the computer isn't near.

Esteemed Contributor

I think some are just too lazy to get up off the couch and to find the info that they want.

They want the info NOW, and can't be bothered to look it up themselves.

If one thinks that they might be interested in something, how hard is it to have your pad or tablet sitting next to you so you can look up additional info?

Answer: Not that hard at all.

Some people just don't want to do it, that's all.

Afterall, desktop computers with the tower is quickly becoming a thing of the past.

Esteemed Contributor

Looking up the info is all well and fine for those who have a computer...

Shouldn't all the pertinent information automatically given for those that do not have computers...

If i am watching your show...QVC....I expect to hear everything about the product you are selling...I don't want to run to my computer...crank it up...read the into...by that time the item may be sold out...

Respected Contributor
They spend enough time on each item to give all the pertinent info they can. That's what they should do The better hosts do.
Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2All true -  and then there are those who have no intention of ordering anything, but sit and watch just waiting for something to complain about.

What's really ironic for me is that the one return I've had to make during the last 2 years would have been a return no matter how much info the host had given -  unless they could visually measure my hips long distance!  I certainly hadn't bothered and ended up with the wrong size even though I had access to the info. ---  as do the largest part of QVC's buying public.  Keep in mind that the part of their business that's growing is not the phone side - same as almost every retailer around.  And Jeanne Bice was correct -- too many measurements and technical details aren't what people listen to.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't order as much as I used to or watch much anymore, but when I order I go to my computer to read the reviews if there are any. I could put my laptop next to me if I thought I was going to have an ordering extravaganza (like Christmas in July (>: )

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Respected Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

I think some are just too lazy to get up off the couch and to find the info that they want.

They want the info NOW, and can't be bothered to look it up themselves.

If one thinks that they might be interested in something, how hard is it to have your pad or tablet sitting next to you so you can look up additional info?

Answer: Not that hard at all.

Some people just don't want to do it, that's all.

Afterall, desktop computers with the tower is quickly becoming a thing of the past.

On the other hand, it is easier to say "I love it" and  "It's on easy pay" than communicate details about products.

Respected Contributor

One thing that occurs to me is that certain colors and sizes will sell out quickly during a show. Like white - gone in a flash. Pink is another color that goes fast. And size small.  

If you need certain information before making a decision (chest measurement, or length), turning on your computer and looking it up may take more time than you have!

(Actually, this is why I hate buying from shopping shows, and don't anymore. I don't like the time pressure.) 

Another thing - some people (like my mother-in-law) don't even own a computer or know how to use one. QVC's audience trends older, and it wouldn't surprise me if some of their customers are like my MIL. 

Respected Contributor

What I need to decide size - yes often even for items I've ordered before - are the actual garment (click here) measurements.  I've never seen the hosts go through these for each size.  Have I been missing something?