Occasional Contributor

Orchid Explore vs Scan n cut

Does anyone have the Brother Scan n cut? Wondering if this Explore is comparable? I googled and can't find anything on the new one but that Cricut has terrible customer service for those who have previous model. I do not own an electronic cutter.

Haven't purchased anything yet ... love the card kits but I have 3 I am still working on .. they cost almost double to mail then reg cards ...

Thanks, Pat

Contributor

Re: Orchid Explore vs Scan n cut

I don't have either machine, but the TV/VIMLEO (you can stream it online) program "Scrapbook Soup" is one long commercial for the Brother Scan n Cut. You can see it demonstrated with explanations here: http://scrapbooksouptv.com/

I know it's not the same as a personal testimonial, and you might find reviews on it at HSN.com. They sold it a few months ago. I'm not an expert, but the Brother looks superior in many ways.

Occasional Contributor

Thank You! I will check that out ...

Contributor

The reviews on HSN for the Brother Scan and Cut seem very favorable.,

I have a hard time trusting Provo Craft anymore. Their products, especially die-cut machines, seem to involve more ways to spend money on supplies than you could ever dream of. Other die-cut companies have machines that don't require "continual buying" on the customers part so they tend to be pricier up-front but I would rather pay for it and not have the constant burden of buying more and more to have more designs.

Just my honest opinion.

PA Lady