Honored Contributor

@qvcaddition wrote:

My bank informed me that if you get your SS check direct deposit, the check would come that way.  I don't expect to get anything because I don't have to pay taxes.  Very low income.

@qvcaddition 

You should get it just like everyone else. If the IRS does not have your direct deposit information go online & enter it. You won't get it if you don't enter your deposit info. IMO this money should be going to the very low income. Why should you be left out?

Honored Contributor

@89135 wrote:

@qvcaddition @sann ..Yes I do get SS and I kinda thought I would get a check but just thought I would do the online thing anyway...so hopefully I will get check..thx.. will have to wait and see and I did check the 'facts' and nothing was mentioned about entering wrong info..

@89135 

If you collect SS you don't have to do anything.

Honored Contributor

Re: Online IRS Form

[ Edited ]

@89135 wrote:

@Marp..I looked now at the bottom of my routing slip and it does say 'do not use deposit ticket routing # for automatic payments"...so we will see...just mistake on my part..

@89135 

Wrong routing number will be rejected.

Since they have your correct checking but not routing numbers they may issue a check.

You said you collect SS so you did not need to do anything.

If they direct deposit to those that collect SS before they do the ones that entered info online you should get your direct deposit. You will know soon. Hopefully you get the direct deposit since checks will take longer.

Super Contributor

@Pook.I used turbo tax and owed $$ and didnt get a refund and they have the correct info..I just input on this irs site the wrong routing #...I did just see his tho online about how to fill out form online....However, taxpayers won't be able to update their bank information once the payment is already scheduled for delivery, and it won't allow you to update bank information already on file, the Treasury Department said.   So since the irs should have my banking info already on file since they took out of my acct what I owed in March..guess I will just have to wait and see.Just went back in to the irs website and filled out info (just name,address etc) again and it says this..

You are eligible for the payment. Once we have your payment date, we will update this page.

We will deposit your payment to the bank account below.

Bank Account Number: ****************** (it lists the last 4 digits of my acct #)

Respected Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

@qvcaddition  if you get SS, you will get 1,200, which would be deposited into your Bank Account.

That is correct.