Super Contributor

I submitted the IRS online form but mistakenly submitted the wrong Routing No...Now what ?  Site wont let me submit another one til tomorrow..geez !

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Online IRS Form

[ Edited ]

Somewhere once I read that you are more likely to get divorced then change bank accounts.  

So true.  Once they have you all linked up, you are doomed.

Super Contributor

I mistakenly used my deposit slip routing number but my correct  checking account number...

Honored Contributor

Re: Online IRS Form

[ Edited ]

I'm confused. My routing number on my checks and deposit slip has the same routing number on them? Yours should also be the same?

You will probably have to call them. I would not wait I would call now.  

Super Contributor

mine is not the same...shows my correct acct number however but different routing number...what number do i call...irs really going to answer?

Respected Contributor

@89135 wrote:

I submitted the IRS online form but mistakenly submitted the wrong Routing No...Now what ?  Site wont let me submit another one til tomorrow..geez !

Sounds to me like you gave someone a nice gift.

Valued Contributor

@89135   I had just completed my info before coming here and seeing this thread. I notice there is an FAQ's page (saw the link while giving my direct deposit info) but I didn't click on it. Have you tried there to see if anyone has asked what to do if wrong info entered?

If I had to guess I would say it would be a very long hold time trying to call the IRS this week/month. You might be better off waiting until tomorrow to re-enter. Sorry that happened. 

@colleena  I wanted to make sure you knew that the link had been activated on the IRS website. Can't remember if it was friends or family you were trying to help, but it's there now and you can upload their direct deposit info.

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@89135 wrote:

@89135,,  the routing number may not be a problem.  Do a search on the phrase:  bank deposit slip routing number different from check routing number

You should get a lot of returns, some that are general information and perhaps even one from your specific bank.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

My bank informed me that if you get your SS check direct deposit, the check would come that way.  I don't expect to get anything because I don't have to pay taxes.  Very low income.

Respected Contributor

If you are getting monthly Social Security you don't need to do anything. Your check will be direct deposit.