Trusted Contributor

I'm confused.....I always hear that OTO means the lowest price for the next 6 months....Alberti just said the Tempatations OTO is the lowest price for the next 3 months....did it change or just for select items?

Trusted Contributor

Re: One Time Only????

[ Edited ]

This is what QVC says on their website:

One Time Only - price only good until the end of the show or until sell out

One Day Only - price good until the end of the day or until sell out

TSV - A Today Only Price offers a savings off the QVC Price that's only valid until the end of the day or until the item has sold out, whichever occurs first. It's the lowest price you'll see on that item for six months.

No idea if it's for 3 months.

But looking at the OTO on the Temp-tations item it shows it's good until 7:59 tomorrow night.  

Screenshot_20220803-201405.png

Trusted Contributor

@MezzieStarr wrote:

TSV - A Today Only Price offers a savings off the QVC Price that's only valid until the end of the day or until the item has sold out, whichever occurs first. It's the lowest price you'll see on that item for six months.

But looking at the OTO on the Temp-tations item it shows it's good until 7:59 tomorrow night.  

I know it's only good for the time allotted for that particular show....but they always say it won't be that low of a price for at least 6 months....now I've heard several hosts say it won't be that low of a price for at least 3 months.

Trusted Contributor

I understand your question and while I have not heard this yet, if this is a new policy going forward I'm guessing it is another benefit for the customers. rolling.gif

Honored Contributor

@grandma petes    I believe I heard that, too.

I would not be surprised to learn the whole fixed price policy is changing.  There's noting much I buy these days that stays at one price.  

I feel as if I am making financial changes day after day.  I am not confused by them, but I certainly am concerned!

Honored Contributor

@grandma petes   I find the idea rediculous. Sometimes OTO or OSO are introduced at 9 or 10 PM. What?!?! 

Also many don't sit in front of QVC that many hours at a time to catch these "deals". I'm sure, like me, many record a show to watch at a another time. 

It would seem with clearance items and wanting to sell as much as possible, lower prices should be a main stay, not just certain hours or days.

Honored Contributor

@avid shopper wrote:

I understand your question and while I have not heard this yet, if this is a new policy going forward I'm guessing it is another benefit for the customers. rolling.gif

No @avid shopper 

It would NOT be a benefit to the customer.

OTO have always been sold as guranteeing the lowest price for 6 MOS.

If Albert said 3 mos. now....he either made another mistake or the policy has now changed.

I wouldn't be happy if my supposed special pricing went lower 91 days later.

The draw to 'buy' has always been this is the lowest price for 6 full months...you can count on the fact you are getting the best price.

If the price could go lower in 3 mos, I may wait!  

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@grandma petes   I find the idea rediculous. Sometimes OTO or OSO are introduced at 9 or 10 PM. What?!?! 

Also many don't sit in front of QVC that many hours at a time to catch these "deals". I'm sure, like me, many record a show to watch at a another time. 

It would seem with clearance items and wanting to sell as much as possible, lower prices should be a main stay, not just certain hours or days.

@Shanus 

I search online for one time, one day etc and can often see them in advance of presentation.

Sometimes not!

I would like to see ALL special pricing deals online in the morning, as I shop online only 95% of the time.  I don't record anything, but I also rarely watch.

Respected Contributor

@MezzieStarr wrote:

@MezzieStarr where did you see this on their website? I have never heard the TSV as being advertised as the lowest price for 6 months. I've only heard that regarding One Time Only and One Day Only.