Honored Contributor

Re: šŸ“One Last Horse RidešŸ“

Sids...I kept thinking how beautiful it was for her son to care so much about her happiness that he would provide for this experience (and gently comb her hair at the beginning of the film)...so specail on so many levels.  Animals can create such special joy when sometimes there is no other way to speak.  Thank you for providing this touching film.

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd

My mother is in the latter stages of dementia (still remembers who I am, though!) and lives in a nursing home.  We had tons of animals growing up on a farm, but Mom loved dogs.  The young kid who delivers the newspapers to the home always makes a special point to bring in his big ole lab for the residents to pet.  It's cool to see Mom react when he comes in to her room.  She just lighty pets the dog....so sweet.

Wish they would have animal therapy...especially since it's so 'farmy' out there, but the newspaper dog, once a week is still good!  Very therapeutic.

Honored Contributor

Wow... Just wow... 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sidsmom wrote:

@phoenixbrd

My mother is in the latter stages of dementia (still remembers who I am, though!) and lives in a nursing home.  We had tons of animals growing up on a farm, but Mom loved dogs.  The young kid who delivers the newspapers to the home always makes a special point to bring in his big ole lab for the residents to pet.  It's cool to see Mom react when he comes in to her room.  She just lighty pets the dog....so sweet.

Wish they would have animal therapy...especially since it's so 'farmy' out there, but the newspaper dog, once a week is still good!  Very therapeutic.

Awwww....I care for my mom who is 87 and in the later stages of dementia as well-we use animal therapy with her--she will say, "the dogs are so beautiful, I feel like I should look away"...they connect and I'm reminded in those moments, my mom is still in there and able to understand and feel...

Poignant video-I sent it to my sister- told her not to worry,  I would do that for her...she's 8 years younger than me! (fat chance)  She told me just to put her in  the wheel barrel....smart-alec......

Horse love.....

Dressage Eddie and Tea.jpg