Honored Contributor

I think twice before posting here, thus I would never post on an online petition.  I'm not even on facebook or twitter.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I sign all the ones I receive from PITA, ASPCA... I believe signing does make a difference since I get updates. Just yesterday I was notified that Suave has become cruelty free. Public opinion matters and so does declining sales.

Honored Contributor

No.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

I never respond to online petitions or surveys. I get enough spam as it is.  If I feel strongly about something, I send a personal message.

Honored Contributor

I have signed a few petitions from change.org. I get email notifications when there is progress on the cause so I think they can help. I sign mostly for animal rights causes, but I have also signed a few related to medical needs. One I signed was the heartbreaking story of a young girl who was denied a life saving procedure by her parents’ insurance company. Never heard anything back on that one. Very sad. 

Trusted Contributor

I do, sometimes.

I'm a member of an organization that supports civil liberties.  They only send me stuff in areas I've told them I'm interested in, and they never share my information because I will never give them permission to.  That's a rule of theirs.  They send me petitions for my consideratrion about once or twice a year.  

Esteemed Contributor

No...for so many reasons.

Honored Contributor

I recently emailed a local politician. He replied, stating that many of his constituents had contacted him re: the same problem. He directed me to his website, where a petition was provided. I completed it.

I will only fill out an online petition when l originally solicited it.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Super Contributor

I have signed several from Change.org. I have received updates.