Esteemed Contributor

Omputer help needed if possible

I don't know what happen but every thing is in black and white. . I have a chrome laptop. Don't know how to fix it.  Sorry also for the underlines. Thank you for any help.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Computer help needed if possible

[ Edited ]

Have you tried a reboot?  Just shut it down, wait a minute or two and start it back up again - see if that works.  Sometimes it can fix itself with a reboot.  It is always worth a try as the first & easiest test.  Hope it works!

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Honored Contributor

Re: Omputer help needed if possible

@halfpint1   I want to help you.  Do you have a windows laptop that is running Chrome as your internet browser or do you have something called a Chromebook?  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

best posted over in 'Electronics'.

Respected Contributor

Try posting in electronics.

Honored Contributor

Maybe you accidentally did something in the display settings. I'd say go to the settings and see if the display settings are changed.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hey @halfpint1   I don't have a Chromebook however I did find something that turns the color on and off.

When you are on the internet, look in the upper right hand corner of your display screen. 

See if you can find a star shape near the top of your screen.  Immediately to the left of that should be something that is shaped like an eye.

Look at the picture below. If the eyeball shaped thing next to the star shaped thing is highlighted in blue, then you have accidentally turned off the color on your Chromebook.

Just click on the eye shaped thing and restart the Chromebook and I think the color will come back on your screen.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Hey @halfpint1   I don't have a Chromebook however I did find something that turns the color on and off.

When you are on the internet, look in the upper right hand corner of your display screen. 

See if you can find a star shape near the top of your screen.  Immediately to the left of that should be something that is shaped like an eye.

Look at the picture below. If the eyeball shaped thing next to the star shaped thing is highlighted in blue, then you have accidentally turned off the color on your Chromebook.

Just click on the eye shaped thing and restart the Chromebook and I think the color will come back on your screen.

I bet that's what it was!

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

@Bird mama   That was very nice of you to look that up for Halfpint.  You are a good woman.

Honored Contributor

@Travone wrote:

@Bird mama   That was very nice of you to look that up for Halfpint.  You are a good woman.

It really was and she really is.

@halfpint1did you try what @Bird mama suggested?  How did it work out?