Honored Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

I'm still remembering couples skaters Ekaterina Gordeeva and Sergei Grinkov.

What a beautiful pair.  Sad about his passing while practicing.

I just read in Wikipedia about Ekaterina and her skating and personal life after her husband's death.

She divorced her 2nd husband.  He was another Russian skater.  They had 1 child, but the marriage only last a couple of years.

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Nathan Chen's performance to "Rocketman" was just wonderful.  Now he can add Olympic gold medalist to his resume.  Also enjoyed Jason Brown, such a gifted artist.

I saw it and was confused by the music.  I heard Goodbye Yellow Brick Rd.  At least it started out as that.  And yes, I heard the announcer say is was Rocket Man.

The movie "Rocketman" is a musical about Elton John's development as a musician.  The soundtrack includes renditions of many of his hits.  The music accompanying Mr. Chen's performance was a brief mix of parts of the movie soundtrack.  Don't know if this helps clarify things or not. 

Super Contributor

My family's been enjoying watching supporting Team USA. 🙂🇺🇸I like figure skating the best.

Respected Contributor

@songbird wrote:

She divorced her 2nd husband.  He was another Russian skater.  They had 1 child, but the marriage only last a couple of years.

Actually, although she gave birth to her second daughter before marrying Ilia Kulik, they were married from 2002 until 2016, more than a couple of years. 

Honored Contributor

i was tearing up late last night as i watched shaun white crying. he has had a HUGE impact on the sport of snowboarding and he knew that this venue was probably going to be his last hurrah on the snow. a powerhouse in the skateboarding and snowboarding world.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

NBC PRIMETIME OLYMPIC EVENTS AND FEATURES FOR 2/11/2022

8 pm et - 11 pm et

11:30 pm et - 12:30pm et

skeleton finals, mens

mixed team snowboarding cross 

training runs womens downhill alpine skiing

1000M final short track, womens

7.5 km sprint in biathlon, womens

cannot believe we are already a week into the games. that time has flown by! i have been watching every night and sometimes during the day.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

if you are looking for REAL snow in china.......this is the day to watch!

exciting events tonight......hope you all watched! another evening that was exciting and emotional!

Esteemed Contributor
Am watching the rhythm dance ice skating pairs event right now. I really love this one. Oh heck, I love them all!
* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

really enjoyed the snowboard cross event last night.....one man, one woman. how exciting was that to watch? 2 of the oldest people competing at the olympics and they were so good! they also knew it was probably their last chance to win a medal in an olympic event.

Honored Contributor

NBC PRIMETIME COVERAGE OF EVENTS AND FEATURES FOR 2/12/2022

8pm - 11pm et

11:30pm - 2am et

skeleton final runs, womens

monobob bobsled final runs, womens

alpine skiing first runs giant slalom, mens

rhythm dance pairs figure skating

freestyle alpine skiing slopestyle qualifying, womens

alpine skiing final runs giant slalom, mens

speed skating 500m, mens

ski jumping, large hill, individual, mens

enjoy the long night of sports!