Respected Contributor

Re: Olympics Opening Ceremony Today

@Mz iMac wrote:

I thought it was unique.

Hated the female commentator who missed a lot of the countries (some I only hear of during the Olympics) boat because she was running her mouth on something else.

Ran too long & I watched it w/o commercials!!!!

All that being said, no opening Olympic ceremony has beat Beijing, China's TO DATE.......

ezgif-5-78af17c256.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi @Mz iMac 

WOW I missed Beijing.  That is soo kewl..  Such discipline & timing. Thanks for posting!

(Pls note: My nick is in progress: - formerly  ~ MakeUp Maidn, briefly, 411 13 I 5 (-> All His), Seeking New Nickname, now testing:  JoyFilled Warrior

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is a religious topic

Super Contributor

@spumoni99. I didn ‘t realize that was David Foster with Celine Dion! Makes sense! Beautiful
song and she sang it absolutely wonderful ! Brought tears to my eyes. I’m
Respected Contributor

One of the most moving moments from the spectacular Opening Ceremony.   France's oldest Olympic champion, Charles Coste, 100,  is the penultimate torch bearer!

He won Olympic Gold for cycling in London,  1948.  He became a national hero to his country still recovering from the war.

1000003536.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

when Gaga turned around she was wearing a mic pack so I'm not so sure she was lip syncing.

Honored Contributor

I,too, was brought to tears. Not only because of her magnificant singing, but how far she's come from her major health problems.  I've always been a huge Celine fan - probably my favorite female singer.

Other than Celine, I found much of the rest of the program somewhat underwhelming.  Not my favorite Olympics opening ceremony.

Trusted Contributor

Watching the mens' gymastics now on E Network.    

Trusted Contributor

IMG_0273.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

An amazing show despite the rain. The shear joy and wonder on the athletes' wet faces was my favorite part. I really can't think of another city in the world that could have pulled that off. DC maybe? Next time I'm in Paris I'm going on one of those boat rides and I'll be remembering the Opening Ceremony.

No one does it like the French

I loved it - thought they weaved together the cultural aspects in a creative and imaginative way. Loved the wide variety of music had fun following the parkour guy from his introduction to the finale. Olympic viewership has declined in recent years and I’m glad they thought outside of the box and tried something new and different. Kudos to France!

Trusted Contributor

IMG_0275.jpeg