Honored Contributor

Re: Olive Garden Manager in Kansas Fired for

Our Burger King has practically no employees for each shift. I expect it to close soon.

And there was no one left to speak out for me....
Esteemed Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@CalminHeart wrote:

It's the nature of any business that has servers, retail help, part-time employees, and mimimum-low wage employees. If he can't handle that, he should not be a manager.

The problem is that companies want to pay as little as possible and keep slashing benefits. They'll never earn loyalty by ripping off their people.

I was a manager and high level manager my whole career. You would be shocked at how that huge financial services corporation treated employees. Some managers would even brag about how they pay less than the minimum for a job. I took a lot of heat because I didn't treat my teams the same horrible way. 

No one likes to be called names, yelled at, used, or be underpaid.

People respond better to fair pay, decent benefits, dignity, and respect.

If you are speaking about this particular corporation and their managers, you are sorely mistaken about their pay, benefits and perks.  They are paid very well and have excellent medical and dental benefits, a 401K that is matched, life insurance and quarterly bonuses.

If you are speaking about waitstaff and back of the house team members, they are treated by Corporate equally as well...

Is that so @CelticCrafter ?  What's the story with the staff only making $2.13 hour before tips?  Why do they have EEOC hanging down their back?  I do see that at some time in 2021 they said they would raise their minimum wage to $10.00 per hour.  Being paid per hour means they are not salaried.  They likely get less benefits than salaried employees.  According to Glassdoor salaries can start at $29,400 per year up to $293,000 per year depending on State and Title I suppose.

Yeah, it is @gertrudecloset.  As I stated in previous posts in this thread, my daughter was a department manager at one of the concepts and my son-in-law is a regional manager for another concept so I do know first hand how they treat their employees. 

Now you've become the salary expert for Darden?  Google on because that first number is half of what a starting manager is paid...

What's with the snark?  I queried.  My query was based on your input.  I got the information I spoke about from the web.  Where do you think I got the salary info from?  Let's just say not all Managers are created equal @CelticCrafter .  There are many people who do not deserve that title but hold it anyway.  I know that for a fact.  No matter how many relatives you have that work for this company.

Plus, how many states are they in?  They had discrimination cases against them.  I read.  I don't come on here to make up stories and post them.  If I made that statement, it's because, I read it.  Not because I conjured it up.  Expert?  No, but I can still read thank the lawwwwwd.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

https://lawdish.com/darden-restaurants-lawsuit/

https://www.wenzelfenton.com/blog/2018/06/18/darden-restaurants-settles-age-discrimination-lawsuit/

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/15/lawsuit-alleges-dardens-tipping-policy-causes-discrimination-harassm...

Since you have relatives that work for Darden @CelticCrafter maybe you can shed some light on these news making events.  Guess where I found these stories?  Your relatives might work in one of the better markets where salaries are good and the pay is commensurate with the area. 

Darden only started giving it's hourly employees paid sick time off since Covid.  They are behind the times.

Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

https://www.wenzelfenton.com/blog/2018/06/18/darden-restaurants-settles-age-discrimination-lawsuit/

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/15/lawsuit-alleges-dardens-tipping-policy-causes-discrimination-harassm...

Since you have relatives that work for Darden @CelticCrafter maybe you can shed some light on these news making events.  Guess where I found these stories?  Your relatives might work in one of the better markets where salaries are good and the pay is commensurate with the area. 

Darden only started giving it's hourly employees paid sick time off since Covid.  They are behind the times.

@gertrudecloset Give it up okay.  I know you know how to google and that you don't like Darden, you've made that clear.

Frequent Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@BarbieDollToo wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@BarbieDollToo wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@SloopJohnB wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@RedTop wrote:

Probably not the best way to handle the call out situation, but I LOVE the woman's straightforwardness!

Why are you under the assumption this person (former manager) is a woman @RedTop ?

It says......I much rather be at home with my husband @gertrudecloset   in the body of the message.

@SloopJohnB I know what it says.  I posted it so that means I read it prior to doing that.  Stop for a minute and think about that.  Despite the fact that it's Kansas.....

@gertrudecloset   Why the need to berate Kansas?

Obvious troll.  I'm aware some states are much more Progressive than others................

Who are you calling a troll?  You're the one knocking the state of Kansas.

You write more like someone who has friends here with your low post count and for someone who just registered.  You're not a troll.  You're a new persona!

You have to start from the beginning to get a post count, no?  And other than that, you know nothing about me.  So don't assume.  Although I've read enough of your posts to see that you like to be always right and get the last word in.

Honored Contributor

This is so common in the restaurant business... I worked as a server for many years in different places and always was told to come to work sick... my one boss Andy would just hand out the dayquill or cold caps to the sick waitresses.  I often was very ill and still waiting on customers. Had to do that or lose my job. 

Respected Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Maybe this is a good thing.

If people don't want to work for such low wages, deal with an ignorant public and demanding managers, then they can move on to a work at home position.  And for more money. (?)

Restaurants and fast food places will close and people can spend that money or good, organic food and prepare it at home themselves.

Win/Win.

Uh no it's not. If you'd step out of your bubble you'd realize there are poor families and seniors who can't afford good organic food on a regular basis so they have to buy organic or cheaper, fattier cuts of meat. Or visit restaurants more often because it's cheaper sometimes to go out for a meal than buy groceries. And not everyone can or has access to working from home jobs.

Esteemed Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@gertrudecloset Give it up okay.  I know you know how to google and that you don't like Darden, you've made that clear.

Stop with the stupid snarky comments @CelticCrafter .  You can do it too (google).  Don't tell me that I want to be an expert in anything because what I said does not align with what you say.  I pointed out some timely factual information.  I love the FACTS.  Facts.  Facts.  If you give me that, we'll be goood on here.

Esteemed Contributor

@BarbieDollToo wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@BarbieDollToo wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@BarbieDollToo wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@SloopJohnB wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@RedTop wrote:

Probably not the best way to handle the call out situation, but I LOVE the woman's straightforwardness!

Why are you under the assumption this person (former manager) is a woman @RedTop ?

It says......I much rather be at home with my husband @gertrudecloset   in the body of the message.

@SloopJohnB I know what it says.  I posted it so that means I read it prior to doing that.  Stop for a minute and think about that.  Despite the fact that it's Kansas.....

@gertrudecloset   Why the need to berate Kansas?

Obvious troll.  I'm aware some states are much more Progressive than others................

Who are you calling a troll?  You're the one knocking the state of Kansas.

You write more like someone who has friends here with your low post count and for someone who just registered.  You're not a troll.  You're a new persona!

You have to start from the beginning to get a post count, no?  And other than that, you know nothing about me.  So don't assume.  Although I've read enough of your posts to see that you like to be always right and get the last word in.

Yep.  You sure clung to the predominant clique in here though.  Makes one wonder.  I had to feel my way around in here when I first started posting to know whose who.  You seem like you already know what's up and have fallen in line @BarbieDollToo .  That's my point.

Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

Stop with the stupid snarky comments @CelticCrafter .  You can do it too (google).  Don't tell me that I want to be an expert in anything because what I said does not align with what you say.  I pointed out some timely factual information.  I love the FACTS.  Facts.  Facts.  If you give me that, we'll be goood on here.

Timely, and factual? Uh huh.

Article #1 is from 5/9/2021 - 19 months ago, which concept?  Oh it doesn't say.

Article #2 is from 6/18/2018 - 4 1/2 years ago and oh gee, this also fails to mention a concept.

Article #3 is from 4/15/2021 - 20 months ago,this one does mention Olive Garden.