Trusted Contributor
On 6/14/2014 dooBdoo said:
On 6/14/2014 focksie said:
On 6/14/2014 shorelady said:

I buried the love of my life Thursday after 43 years together. People have been wonderful throughout his illness and during this past week.

Right now I miss him so much I can't even think of what people said let alone decipher what is a strange response and what is not. I am hoping and praying for a time when I will be able to talk to people and actually hear what they are saying and maybe even get annoyed or angry at their comments. Right now everything is a blur. People are human and most try their best to say the appropriate thing. But unless they are out to hurt you intentionally at this vulnerable and sad time, I think it is best to smile and go on one's way. As they do not walk in our shoes, neither do we walk in their shoes.

I buried both parents and have never felt the emptiness as I do now. The last 2 and a half months have been the most painful in my life.

shorelady, I am similarly grieving. No other grief that I have experienced in my life compares to this one. I understand your emptiness and numbness. Please know that I am with you in spirit. (((( big hugs))))

(((shore lady))) and (((focksie)))

Both my parents had very early deaths. I thought I understood grief, but I was wrong.

In 2 weeks, I’ll say farewell again to my beloved husband who passed away a year ago. On the anniversary of his passing, a few of us will spread his ashes on the lake he so loved to sail on. Out to the wind, kissing his spirit. This was his wish, and we will honor him lovingly, yet we won't let him go willingly. He is gone and he is here and he is gone. The grief is as deep as that lake, like trying to swim to the bottom while inhaling the water, filling the lungs ’til they explode, ripping the heart, smothering life’s breath. We are forever changed.

Thank you for sharing, please keep reaching out in any way you can and try to remember that people do mean well, they do care, but sometimes they stumble in the process of trying to communicate, just as I'm stumbling

Super Contributor

Focksie and doobdoo........I share your pain and grief at this time. Trying to understand the ""whys"" of this pain is beyond comprehension. I will keep you and others who are suffering in my prayers.

To the wonderful posters here........I came back to this thread and was immediately touched by the warmth and kindness shown to me and to the others here going through the same grief at this time. Thank you all for your kind words of comfort. Knowing someone cares is of great solace at this time. Thank you again.

Valued Contributor
On 6/14/2014 shorelady said:

I buried the love of my life Thursday after 43 years together. People have been wonderful throughout his illness and during this past week.

Right now I miss him so much I can't even think of what people said let alone decipher what is a strange response and what is not. I am hoping and praying for a time when I will be able to talk to people and actually hear what they are saying and maybe even get annoyed or angry at their comments. Right now everything is a blur. People are human and most try their best to say the appropriate thing. But unless they are out to hurt you intentionally at this vulnerable and sad time, I think it is best to smile and go on one's way. As they do not walk in our shoes, neither do we walk in their shoes.

I buried both parents and have never felt the emptiness as I do now. The last 2 and a half months have been the most painful in my life.

My condolences. Prayers for you.

Valued Contributor
On 6/12/2014 VanSleepy said: She doesn't know if you are healthy or not. She noticed that you lost weight and mentioned it. You're getting upset that someone tried to compliment you.

Good reminder to see the silver lining instead of the cloud........