Respected Contributor

Kind of worried, we may be missing our dessert for tomorrow.

Two weeks ago, DH called our local pie lady and placed an order.  He was told it would be delivered today and they would call prior to arrival.  I know they may be running late, but getting concerned.

Oh well, it is what it is.  It just the three of us,  we'll live. 

Honored Contributor

Hopefully nothing bad has befallen her, and she is just behind. If she has been reliable before, I'd be worried if she doesn't show.

Speaking of behinds, mine could easily miss dessert tomorrow!

Honored Contributor

@Allegheny wrote:

Kind of worried, we may be missing our dessert for tomorrow.

Two weeks ago, DH called our local pie lady and placed an order.  He was told it would be delivered today and they would call prior to arrival.  I know they may be running late, but getting concerned.

Oh well, it is what it is.  It just the three of us,  we'll live. 

@Allegheny Oh No!!! Hope your pies are delivered.

I have some pecan pie bars in the oven. I normally make pecan pies but thought I would try the bars this year. 

Happy Thanksgiving.

Honored Contributor

If the pie lady doesn't make it,  run  to Walmart in the morning and get some ice cream. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

You can knock out a pumpkin pie pretty easily.    Buy a can of pumpkin, frozen crust, can of evap milk, couple of eggs, and the spices that you probably already have on hand.  If not, they will be readily available at any grocery store.

The recipe on the back of the can is good.  I just cut back a smidge on the sugar, cut back the cloves a little bit, and increase the cinnamon by a fair amount.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

If the pie lady doesn't make it,  run  to Walmart in the morning and get some ice cream. 

Or those Patti LaBelle pies that posters were raving about on another thread.

Honored Contributor

Image result for happy thanksgiving images

Respected Contributor

Her husband helps her do deliveries and he has only been here once before, so he may be lost.  She has a good reputation and I am sure if it doesn't get here tonight, they will be delivering early tomorrow.  It just concerns me that something may have gotten messed up with our order.

As far as going to Walmart, nope, hard to believe with as many of them that are around, our closest is 35 minutes away.  If I need to  I can throw together cherry squares, tonight or run to the grocery store early tomorrow morning.  My husband likes chocolate pie and whipped cream, making that is as simple as falling off a log.

Happy Thanksgiving All!

Honored Contributor

You always must have a Plan B .....  Woman LOL

You can just run down to the grocer and pick up a pie ... no biggie ..... right?

Esteemed Contributor

I always order Petit-Fours from Swiss Colony. Except this year.  I forgot. 

Now they are coming for Christmas.  I'm sure there will be plenty at my sister's tomorrow.