Respected Contributor

I've finally found a replacement for the yard service I had to part ways with in July. Long story, you can probably figure it out: charged too much, didn't show up on time and didn't do the job.

This new business came out last week and did a complete clean-up of my property which was a god-awful, weedy, unattended-to mess. It now looks beautiful and as a reward, a beautiful, pure white iris bloomed after it got tended to.

I just signed a contract and they will be out every week during the growing season and appropriate visits during the winter. They're doing much more work than the previous guys at a not much higher price.

I sure hope this works out. Anyone who's tried to get bids for any kind of home project knows what a chore it can be. I don't want to do this again.

Because my property hadn't been tended to in a long time, a lot of stuff got pulled up and I'm on pins and needles to see what will come up in its place.To me that's half the fun of gardening: forgetting what you planted and the enjoyment of figuring it out with it comes up.

My sister just found a paper bag of bulbs I stored in her refrigerator months ago and I have NO idea what they are (lol). They're in perfect condtion so I'll plant them this fall and can't wait to see what comes up. (And THIS time I'll even put some kind of marker to I'll know where I planted them :-) )

Valued Contributor
Goody! Glad you hopefully found a good one.Been around that block!

Exciting to see what grows. Just enjoy that brand new yard.

I just been working on my flower beds & weeds ,weeds ,weeds.
I'll get there before Jan.hopefully.

Take care & be safe.
Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten Yay! Sounds like everything worked out and now you can enjoy your yards again.

Honored Contributor

Have had the same problem.  Not only finding someone reliable, someone who will do the work the way I want it, not how they want to do it.

Also, landscapers have a problem finding workers.  Retention is poor.  It's hard work and they say, "I'm out of here." 

In my area, they are temporary highschool and college kids doing the work for the summer and could care less about the work they do.  They never become knowledgeable and skilled.  

The fellow I'm using now just hired someone new.  I looked out the door and saw the worst job of edging along the sidewalk I have seen yet.  I can do it much better myself.