Trusted Contributor

Hey @Kachina624

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624    Did it cool off enough for you?  I actually have a small fire in the wood stove to take the chill out of the air... this may be the earliest we've had one.... enjoy the weather...

A pic of Alamosa this morning below just for you...DW

Trusted Contributor

D0F84ABF-2CAC-482F-8C31-B87BAAF8EADB.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Re: Hey @Kachina624

[ Edited ]

@dancingwoman   Yes, I'd say it's a mite chilly, about 60° in the house,  but not too bad.  We had 40° this morning and a little rain last night

Since I have a swamp cooler for AC which requires a service person to climb on the roof and switch it to heat, I don't have any heat.  Too early to switch; I'm sure I'll still need the AC this month.  I have a gas fireplace but would have to light the pilot light.

Did you get snow?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624   No we didn't get snow at the house...some sleet..we are only 7000 ft here...but the clouds are still heavy and haven't cleared over the LaPlata's and I'm sure there is snow there...

I'll take a pic when they clear...it was 39° here this morning.  

When we lived in Scottsdale, AZ we had a swamp cooler...I loved it...helped with the dry air...and itchy skin.  

DW

Esteemed Contributor

We lived in Ridgecrest CA (Mojave desert) for 25 years and swamp coolers were our salvation!  We live in White Mountains (Arizona) and it was 67 inside our house this morning ( love it) which is great but our annual Monsoon season has been a bust.

Honored Contributor

I woke up to this today in Colorado Springs. It was 28'. The weather people said there was 4" to 6" of snowfall in my area last night. Had to clear off the deck. It was wet, heavy snow.

First snow Sept 9, 2020.jpg

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee   Must have been pretty coming down.  Too bad it was at night.  I bet your mountains are pretty.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624  Yes, I'm sure the view of the mountains is pretty. But the haze from the fires is so thick that you can't even see them. Smiley Sad 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Hey @Kachina624

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee   Hopefully this storm will clear some of the smoke..we have been having spectacular sunrises and sets ...but... not a good reason why...

BTW your snow is beeeeutiful...DW

Honored Contributor

@dancingwoman 

The snow is very beautiful! It's still on all the trees. The leaves on my maple tree won't last through the color change. I think they will eventually just turn brown then drop...you know how that goes around here. But my blue spruces look spectacular with the snow on their branches. I do hope this storm puts out some of the fires and gives us some clear skies again. I haven't seen blue sky in a while.