Honored Contributor

@Recon: Thank you for the info.Appreciate it VERY much!

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Anyone ever do business w/this one/ Reviews?

As you may know I go to Goodwill and I see a lot of people w/carts full to the very top w/stuff. I later see them on sites such as these w/hyper inflated prices.

ebay

mercari

poshmark

etc

Honored Contributor

@happycat wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

As you may know I go to Goodwill and I see a lot of people w/carts full to the very top w/stuff. I later see them on sites such as these w/hyper inflated prices.

I have never done any business with them, but I do like to see what folks around here have for sale. 

I wonder if people make much money doing what you are talking about? I have noticed there are some very nice vehichles parked at the local Goodwill and the parking lot is always full.

Actually, most of the resale stores in this town always look busy. 

you can make money but it's work, and time consuming but the money is there if you are willing

Esteemed Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@happycat wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

I have never done any business with them, but I do like to see what folks around here have for sale. 

I wonder if people make much money doing what you are talking about? I have noticed there are some very nice vehichles parked at the local Goodwill and the parking lot is always full.

Actually, most of the resale stores in this town always look busy. 

you can make money but it's work, and time consuming but the money is there if you are willing

Thank you for your response @jackthebear. I bet people living in more affluent areas of the country than I do could really make a go of it. 

I took books to a place like goodwill yesterday. Whenever I make a donation, I'm just happy to get the stuff out of my house, and I hope someone can get some use out of it. If that use is reselling it to try to make a profit, that's fine with me. I don't think anyone would make much off of my things though.

Respected Contributor

When opportunity knocks, why not make a little profit? I doubt it's terribly substantial, but may mean food on the table and other necessities of life.

Besides, they have to do some work in purchasing, never knowing if their items will move, cleaning up items, listing items and finally getting them to the buyer.

It's a bit of a job. It's not likely to put them in a higher tax bracket Woman Wink.   

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

So that's what the women in Goodwill are doing with the overflowing carts of stuff.

@CelticCrafter 

Not all of them. Some, like women from my church, buy cartloads of clothing for a mission we have. The clothing is given to children in need. We give them enough clothing for a week. I’m sure those cartloads of clothing being purchased have turned a few heads. 

Honored Contributor

Is this any different than EBay or just another platform to buy and sell like Mercari, Bonanza, Poshmark? Just wondering what distinguishes it from the others? 

Respected Contributor

I've wondered about those sites, too. Interesting that folks are motivated to search through stores like GW and then sell online.  More power to 'em. Smiley Happy  

I do know that folks who live close to Q outlets have mentioned buying stuff to resell online.  But that's off topic, I know.