Trusted Contributor

Re: Observer or Participant?

Lately I feel like I want  to participate in less and less.  I don't know if it is a by-product of age, this pandemic shut-down, or depression.  

I think of things I used to enjoy doing and I just feel fine if I don't do them in the future.  Like travel.  Like going into NYC to see shows, shop, or dine.  Even eating out in general is not something I'm tending to miss as much as other people.  Okay, when I can, I guess I will enjoy going out for a meal, but not in the way I used to.

I'm having trouble with my vision, and have been postponing dealing with cataract surgery, because of Covid, but I'm going to just have to see the doctors about this in the near future, covid or no.  Maybe that's contributing to my feelings, but I'm guessing most of how I feel is stemming from age.

I just have this feeling that I've done the things I wanted to and I'm fine with not doing them as much as before, even when I'm free to once again.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Observer or Participant?

I agree with @phoenixbird  that there should be a balance.  I can see a small amount of disinterest in certain activities and I am not sure if it's from ageing or from the events of the past year or both.   Either way I guess it's most likely part of life but there are things I miss very much and am getting excited to do again.