Honored Contributor

I like organic oats cooked, steel cut oats are better for you, but I'm not crazy about them. What I do is soak the steel cut oats over night in water, drain and stick a 1/2 cup in my smoothy.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, Yes, Yes to Oatmeal.  It is filling and helps to lower cholesterold.  Another benefit to new Moms.  My daughter read that eating oatmeal everyday helps to increase breastmilk production.  She started to eat it for breakfast after her twins were born and she said it did help.  She pumped less milk on the days she didn't eat it. 

Esteemed Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

@on the bay wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

I love it but it has too many carbohydrates for me. One bowl and I am ravenous all morning. 

Me too! Why do they say it keeps you full all morning? I always feel hungry after I eat it. Maybe too many carbs or something?

I like it with butter or milk, not both together and nothing else. But I don't eat it a lot. I like the Quaker instant plain ones that take a minute to make. Not the ones in the bag-those don't taste rightWoman Surprised

My mother eats it too every morning-steel oats or the long cooking ones with nuts and everything else!

I do love grits!! My father had them all the time.

I'm that way with any cereal breakfast. It's like it carves a hole in my gut and it actually hurts, I get that hungry. That is, if I'm not sleeping, because if anything will send me back to bed in an hour or so, it's having some kind of cereal product, including oatmeal, for breakfast.

Every oatmeal person I've ever known was also a morning person. I wonder whether the oatmeal fans here are also early risers by nature.

@noodleann

I eat oatmeal every day because I just love it, and I am most definitely NOT a morning person. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

I can add enough extras to steel cut oats to make it palatable but I cannot tolerate regular oatmeal. It's just too gloppy for my taste.

Honored Contributor

I hate the taste of regular Oatmeal.  When I grew up my mom served Farina with melted butter, sugar and cinnamon.  If I could kill the taste of oatmeal, i would eat it.  i have eaten Peaches & Cream oatmeal and it's ok.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Always have loved oatmeal! I could eat it every day! I do not because of the carbs....but, if I could I would!

Honored Contributor

@mollybgood wrote:

My father ate Quaker Oatmeal every day of his adult life!

When I was a kid I loved eating Maypo's maple-

flavored oatmeal.  Now, I enjoy eating Quaker Oats

Medley single servings which contain fruit and nuts.

I enjoy them for supper on cold winter evenings.  

Cheerios is my favorite cereal.  Life original is a

close second.

@mollybgood  I atelots of Maypo as a kid too!   We must be the same age? I also love cheerios( just the original one), ate lots of Life cereal too.  I also like unsweetened shredded wheat .

Honored Contributor

Nay. No oats for me.

Respected Contributor

Yes, I eat oatmeal every morning except Sundays when I bake up a croissant which smells like heaven baking and tastes pretty good on top of it.

Honored Contributor

@mollybgood wrote:

My father ate Quaker Oatmeal every day of his adult life!

When I was a kid I loved eating Maypo's maple-

flavored oatmeal.  Now, I enjoy eating Quaker Oats

Medley single servings which contain fruit and nuts.

I enjoy them for supper on cold winter evenings.  

Cheerios is my favorite cereal.  Life original is a

close second.

My favorite cold cereal ws Heartland granola, the only granola cereal I could find without nuts (I am allergic)  can't find it anymore so I went to the internet and found a recipe for granola so I make it the way I want and I use quaker oats.Smiley Happy