Contributor

This tagline of "50 Is the Age of Possibilities" has been bugging me - tonight I have figured out Why.  I'm watching parts of the usual "beauty" shows and the message every minute is "As you age after 45-50, the only possibilities are that EVERYTHING on your body dries up, droops, wrinkles, spots, falls out and fades".  Thanks for the Reminder QVC!  What a Message. 

Honored Contributor

@CaliGold67.  lol, lol, yep that's pretty much what happens.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I agree!  It's a terrible message to send women.  Its demeaning for the sake getting us to buy stuff.  Only a man who understands nothing about women could have dreamed up such a campaign.  

Trusted Contributor

@CaliGold67 wrote:

This tagline of "50 Is the Age of Possibilities" has been bugging me - tonight I have figured out Why.  I'm watching parts of the usual "beauty" shows and the message every minute is "As you age after 45-50, the only possibilities are that EVERYTHING on your body dries up, droops, wrinkles, spots, falls out and fades".  Thanks for the Reminder QVC!  What a Message. 

@CaliGold67  Yep, it is veiled misogyny. I have always said that. All those things happen to men too. grrrr Woman Mad

Contributor

P.S.  Hah - I'm so used to the pervasive misogyny of our society that I didn't even think of the origins of that tagline!  Now that I think about it - it's being used to sell EVERYTHING now i.e. Beauty products, shoes, clothes, supplements, undergarments etc.  Add to that the "gifting & cooking" reminders and we're all doomed. 

Honored Contributor

I was watching Amy and Alberti and they had about 4 to 5 minutes left in the show and guess who came on the set?

Well Mally of course.  So I turned to another station.  I know that 5 minutes left in a show is not much but why does it have to be ruined with her?

Obviously I am among the minority that dont like her because if she did not generate big money she would be gone.

Just me little whine for the day.  Now where is that cheese?

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

I was watching Amy and Alberti and they had about 4 to 5 minutes left in the show and guess who came on the set?

Well Mally of course.  So I turned to another station.  I know that 5 minutes left in a show is not much but why does it have to be ruined with her?

Obviously I am among the minority that dont like her because if she did not generate big money she would be gone.

Just me little whine for the day.  Now where is that cheese?

Contributor

IKR - I had the channel on for hours and Mally interjected herself into every conversation.  She doesn't need to try so hard - or does she?  The wheels are coming off of these shows as it is --- way too much goofy chatter.  

Respected Contributor

Age of possibility for me tonight was I went to a painting class first time ever.  68 here and now that is anything possible for me.  Getting away from the tv and trying something new.  

Next week is a book club first meeting that I just joined for 6 weeks .  First time for me too.

Honored Contributor

@CaliGold67

I assume "the age of possibilities" is supposed to be positive, but if all they talk about are the negative issues related to women's aging, that would be a turn off for me.

I haven't watched any of their over 50 shows, but the products I've seen online haven't been that remarkable. 

@Roscoe the Rascal 

Good for you! Hope you enjoy your new "adventures".

I need to find new things to explore in my retirement too. 

Hope you both enjoy the weekend!