Honored Contributor

Re: OUR SUGGESTIONS/COMPLAINTS

[ Edited ]

@HappyDaze wrote:

The only thing that matters to QVC is $$ so the only way to get through to them is by not spending your money with them.  Until sales start to drop, they will have no incentive to do anything different.I rarely make any purchase from QVC because of their lack of coupon codes and "deals" (and no, easy pay is not a deal!). So many other sites offer coupon codes and much better deals- no reason for me to spend my hard earned money with QVC since it is obvious they don't care about my business. 

Regarding hosts and supposed manners and professional skills- for every person that dislikes someone, others love that person so the only way hosts will change is if their sales drop. As long as they are meeting their sales goals, there won't be any changes there. You can't please everyone all the time.

@HappyDaze

Their revenues continue to drop....but they use excuses like leap year, a late Easter, the Olympics last, the election, anything but reality, such as their programming repitition which isnt keeping existing customers engaged or their uncompetitve prices and decline in quality!  

They seem to be clueless, they thought a decline in sales of several clothing lines was due to Amazon recently offering apparel so they sent out a survey and come to find out, QVC customers were NOT purchasing apparel from Amazon!  QVC should read their Forums to find out what customers are saying---they wont listen and their revenues arent looking good but they think more social media, remote location events and other less important things to the customers will cure their woes (read their press conference)  Revenues have declined for years in electronics yet they are still thinking about what to do about it....what type of signal do they need to move on to something else!!!  Perhaps the answer is new blood at the executive levels!   

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

They are associated in some way with Zulily.  If you buy an item and pay shipping.. and then buy other items the same day... shipping is free.  Sometimes it extends to the weekend. 

I am thinking that the Q has partnered with USPS (postal service) and UPS and there is some kind of deal for shipping.  Something is keeping QVC from offering shipping free and that could be it.  These companies need to make a profit.  With the Internet in full swing people are not buying stamps to send letters the way they used to.  Just a guess. 

I believe QVC could offer a shopping cart of some sort with like items being shipped with a 'deal' price. 

As for the hosts and vendors.. I don't watch much anymore. 

@bonnielu

QVC bought Zulilly with the hopes of attracting a younger demographic since they offered things like kids clothes and items QVC doesnt offer.....read the latest of their results in Q Talk................

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

The "new" Du Jour line has free shipping on all it's items.  Also, qvc has that Qvc2 and the beauty IQ channel....or is that just reconstituted stuff we've already seen?  Robot surprised

Honored Contributor

QVC does not own Zulily.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@makena wrote:

If you think about it, the complaints here on this board don't amount to a hill of beans. Just a grain of sand in the desert compared to those that are viewing and buying.   

@makena @Marp

Thats not true, some retailers pay big money for customer feedback and hire an independent company to do the research..  Also everytime I shop either online or locally I get asked to complete a survey.....(from grocery stores, to discount and department stores, to online retailers, to doctor and dentist offices), so if its just a "grain of sand" why are companies so interested........Apparently companies who care and are successful do !......

From time to time QVC does listen to customers and incorporate minor changes on a product or programming (Ive heard hosts and vendors say, "we listened to you and made this change.............etc etc")   And many of us were upset over a vendor and host combination that was very annoying and I havent seen them paired together again and instead they went with some of the very suggestions on this Forum and on Facebook.  From what I've seen I think Facebook comments carry more weight......And comments on the Vendors Facebook Page count more too....from the comments they make.... 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lulu2 wrote:

QVC does not own Zulily.

@lulu2 @tansy

Well QVC is owned by Liberty Interactive which owns QVC and now Zulilly is part of the QVC GROUP.  And Zulilly's parent organization is listed as QVC

http://www.businessinsider.com/qvc-just-paid-24-billion-for-zulily-2015-8

WEST CHESTER, Pa., Aug. 17, 2015 /PRNewswire/ — QVC, the global leader in video and ecommerce retail, today announced that its parent, Liberty Interactive Corporation (“Liberty Interactive”) (Nasdaq: QVCA, QVCB, LVNTA, LVNTB) has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire zulily, inc. (“zulily”) (Nasdaq: ZU), a leading ecommerce site serving millennial moms and the digital-only generation, for approximately $2.4 billion. Under the proposed transaction, zulily will join the QVC Group to create a discovery-driven and experiential digital commerce powerhouse with appeal that spans generations of women.

https://www.pehub.com/2015/08/qvcparent-to-buy-zulily-for-about-2-4-bln/#

Zulily is an American e-commerce company. Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, Zulily sells clothing, toys, and home products. Zulily was started in 2009 by Blue Nile executives Mark Vadon and Darrell Cavens. Wikipedia

Customer service: 1 (877) 779-5615
Founded: 2009
Honored Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

QVC does not own Zulily.

Do you have a source?  From what I've seen, QVC bought Zulilly.

Esteemed Contributor

Marp you got that right!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Marp wrote:

@makena wrote:

If you think about it, the complaints here on this board don't amount to a hill of beans. Just a grain of sand in the desert compared to those that are viewing and buying.   

Yep, even if all 2,380 currently online complained it wouldn't raise an eyebrow.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This has been discussed here many times.  Both QVC and Zulily are owned by Liberty Interactive.

There are numerous business articles from August & September, 2015 that discuss the purchase.

Honored Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

This has been discussed here many times.  Both QVC and Zulily are owned by Liberty Interactive.

There are numerous business articles from August & September, 2015 that discuss the purchase.

Okay, @lulu2.  It's not a subject that I would normally read about or post on.