Esteemed Contributor

@Sylanne, I didn't make it a year. Lots of work dealing with mgmt from Walmart and HEB not providing the allotted space and then hallmark giving their deadlines. I quit, not worth the aggravation 

Honored Contributor

How is it stopping anyone from enjoying the holidays?

Trusted Contributor

To me all of this "Christmas in July" etc. hoopla is over-the-top. I love to decorate for XMAS and enjoy the Valerie-type shows in late October going forward, but having all of this in the summer is a bit much, imo. But I know many must love it or else QVC wouldn't do it. But it doesn't appeal to me! Kind of diminishes the magic of the season when it is spread out over six months! 

And our grocery store started putting out their Halloween candy displays about two weeks ago! (Only good thing was they already had a promotional sale and I got some bags of Reese's Pieces for half price, lol!)

Respected Contributor

Re: OTHER HOLIDAYS, TOO

[ Edited ]

Two things that are guaranteed every summer, like clockwork:

1) Several days of Christmas in July on QVC.

2) Several threads about people's distaste for Christmas in July.

Obviously, many more people enjoy CIJ or else there wouldn't be so much CIJ programming. 

Honored Contributor

It's sad that Christmas is celebrated as a holiday, instead of a holy day.  

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

In reality, it's celebrated by a lot of people who are not Christian.  Those of us who are pass along the meaning of the holy day.

Honored Contributor

They used to have great fun Halloween shows. They've also has decor shows for Fall and Thanksgiving. They must have made the decision they don't make "enough" of a profit tp continue. Michael's, Hobby Lobby, Home Goods, pop-up Halloween shops and etc will beat them on price and variety every time. They no longer want to bother.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

Not really sad, as those who observe it more for the religious aspect, are happy, and those that celebrate it more for the secular aspects, are happy. 

The focus of both are love, giving, gathering with loved ones, charity, and many other things.

For some, it is a holy day, for others it is a holiday, but for all who celebrate, it is truly a time of joy. And the spreading of joy isn't sad.

Honored Contributor

Re: OTHER HOLIDAYS, TOO

[ Edited ]

This seems to come up often and throughout the year but if one chooses... to base their enjoyment of the seasons on the retail environment then this is what you're going to get... Ultimately, we're all free to enjoy the holidays, the seasons and the passing of time as we see fit, but if one chooses to focus on what retail is touting, well, that's also a choice...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...