Honored Contributor

We have all assumed that QVC wasn't doing well financially, figures down, etc. Meanwhile they quietly scraped together a few dollars and purchased HSN.

As we also b-tch and moan about the quality of products and boring programming, it doesn't add up. Enough of us are making purchases to fill the Q's pockets...and nicely, too.

So are these forums believable posts?

Honored Contributor

The q's parent company is purchasing.  I didn't believe q was doing bad.  I don't believe everything I read here.  Some posters are proud to say they don't shop at the q, yet they are loudest on the moaning threads.  One comment washes out the other.  It doesn't influence me either way.  I know what my experience has been with the q and go by that.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus  I heard they bought HSN on Easy Pay.   Six easy payments of 350,000,000.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Shanus  I heard they bought HSN on Easy Pay.   Six easy payments of 350,000,000.

Now that's funny--thanks for the laugh!

Honored Contributor

I never thought they werein bad shape.  They couldn't possibly for the prices they charge, the tons of bucks they make off of shipping and returns and the amount of stuff they sell

If they are doing poorly, something is bad wrong.

Honored Contributor

Re: THE JOKE IS ON US

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624  Nearly spewed coffee on my laptop....dahblink.gif................. ooonooo.gif

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

We have all assumed that QVC wasn't doing well financially, figures down, etc. Meanwhile they quietly scraped together a few dollars and purchased HSN.

As we also b-tch and moan about the quality of products and boring programming, it doesn't add up. Enough of us are making purchases to fill the Q's pockets...and nicely, too.

So are these forums believable posts?

@Shanus

It's the company that owns QVC that makes the money.  They also recently bought out Zulily, and now HSN.

I can't speak for other people, but I used to buy a lot from QVC, now I probably average one thing a month, and I am sending  back my purchase for this month because the zipper is defective.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624, Best. Post. Of. The. Day.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

@Kachina624 -  LOL!!

@Kachina624 wrote:

Honored Contributor

In reality QVC 'bought' no one. QVC has a parent company that may or may not perform as well/poorly as some of it's holdings. 

The parent company is doing the purchasing, not QVC. The parent company either bought HSN because QVC is a great money maker and they want another of the same type of business, or they bought it because Q isn't doing all that great, and they want to bolster their holdings. Either way, it is what it is.