Esteemed Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

It's funny that OPI is a topic today. Yesterday I had the Q on and Rick was presenting jewelry with the Diamonique vendor. People were calling in asking about the color of her nail polish which she identified but didn't give the brand. The color was called "Just Lanai-ing Around." I looked it up and the brand is OPI. It was very pretty on her.

Just Lanai-ing Around - Nail Lacquer - OPI

I thought the color was very pretty!!

Honored Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@2blonde wrote:

I don't know if there's any truth to this, but I remember being told by a "professional" that OPI is meant for use with "fake" nails, not natural nails.  There may be something to that, as my nails are real and have become quite a challenge as I've aged, and the OPI chips off of mine.  I remember when I used to wear it, I always carried the bottle around in my purse for emergency touch ups!

@2blonde,I use a base coat which is slightly sticky and holds the color coat.  Next, two coats of color, then a high gloss clear that prevents chips.  My base and over coat are from Revlon, but OPI has their own.  

I don't have any problems for two weeks.

@ECBG  I also use a base coat (have tried many, but the best I've found is Perfect Formula Pink Gel).  I also follow with 2 coats of polish and a top coat (the best I've found lately is Essie fast dry).  I get chips easier than you probably because of my aged nails (69).......the top layer of nail splits and cracks, even with oil treatment and Andrew Lessman's Hair, Skin and Nails.

@2blondeI bought some "fast dry" and it chipped before I could turn around!  I much prefer a drying spray from Sally's Beauty.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: OPI Nail Polish

[ Edited ]

@Noel7

Looks like there are 10 different shades -- but the set I received was all light. I did expect 6 light and 6 dark --- but I prefer all light - so it worked for me!!!!!

Honored Contributor

I only put color on my toes, and it's almost always OPI.  I use Orly rubber base coat, two coats of polish, and no top coat.  The color stays on for at least two weeks, or until I take it off.