Honored Contributor

I prefer light colors for nails and darker for toes in Spring and summer. My two new favs are Let Me Bayou A Drink and Bubble Bath.

Respected Contributor

Buying nail polish is a waste for me.  I always get a pedicure and just pick out a color from "the nail polish wall"

I just love the names that OPI comes up with though.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Re: OPI Nail Polish

[ Edited ]

I usually buy Sinful. Can't beat the $1.99 price.

Respected Contributor

I used to fall for the OPI hype and spent a lot of $ on that polish, but it always chipped within a couple days.  I stopped buying it years ago when I found cheaper polishes that last much longer.  The best one I've found lately is Wet-n-Wild 1-Step.  It comes in a black bottle (to keep the light out) with a color swatch on the top.  I have nails that tend to split and crack, but this polish stays on for at least a week, and it's under $5 in the drug stores.  My last application (last Saturday) is still going strong.  I used the Essie fast drying top coat for the first time, and I'm really loving that too!

Laura loves cats!
Valued Contributor

So funny reading all the posts on OPI. It is the only polish that I can get a week out of.  I watch TJ's and have been able to find both the full size and small bottles at great prices.

Honored Contributor

I like Sinful too.

I like OPI's names but as others have said, anytime I've ever used it, it chips within 2 days or so.

I also like Wet and Wild.

These are cruelty free-

Wet and Wild,NYC, L.A. Colors, Milani,Jessie's Girl, Urban Decay,100% Pure, Beauty without Cruelty.

I know there are more.

(OPI and Sally Hansen and Sinful are not-I'm disappointed about Sally Hansen and Sinful. I won't buy anymore.)

Wet and Wild is now made in China howeverSmiley Sad

(For anyone interested.)

I think when there are brands that don't pay to test on animals, it is nice to get ones that don't. 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I'm never impressed with the OPI name. I find that their polishes are the number one brand that stays on my nails the shortest time. The cheaper brands seem to stay on forever, OPI maybe 2 days if you're lucky. Not a fan.

It must be an individual thing, I wear OPI as often as Essie and it stays on fine, up to two weeks with no chips.  

My daughter can’t wear polish at all, it peels right off in less than a day.

Honored Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

I used to fall for the OPI hype and spent a lot of $ on that polish, but it always chipped within a couple days.  I stopped buying it years ago when I found cheaper polishes that last much longer.  The best one I've found lately is Wet-n-Wild 1-Step.  It comes in a black bottle (to keep the light out) with a color swatch on the top.  I have nails that tend to split and crack, but this polish stays on for at least a week, and it's under $5 in the drug stores.  My last application (last Saturday) is still going strong.  I used the Essie fast drying top coat for the first time, and I'm really loving that too!

I use the Essie fast dry, too.  It’s amazing imo.

Honored Contributor

I've found that certain colors of any brand chip easily.  Also, the base coat has a lot to do with it.  And whether you hand do your dishes in hot water or not.  A lot goes into play before you blame your nail polish brand.

I don't get manicures at shops anymore because they always chip within a week or so, too.  Or smudge when you get in your car, lol.  I've never had a brand that lasted two weeks.  At best, ten days. 

I like Sinful brand but my Walgreens doesn't sell it anymore.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

I don't know if there's any truth to this, but I remember being told by a "professional" that OPI is meant for use with "fake" nails, not natural nails.  There may be something to that, as my nails are real and have become quite a challenge as I've aged, and the OPI chips off of mine.  I remember when I used to wear it, I always carried the bottle around in my purse for emergency touch ups!

Laura loves cats!