Respected Contributor

A few minutes ago, the sun came out and now it's cloudy and snowing here in east central Pa. My neighbor is out mowing leaves. Good grief.

Respected Contributor

Sounds like my neighbor.  He drives me nuts.

Esteemed Contributor

@catter70  NO! We only got a spritz of rain. Would love to see the flakes fly!  Also, it's so windy, I don't know why you would want to mow the leaves. Wait until they settle on the neighbor's yard! Hahaha!

Honored Contributor

@catter70 

We had something similar last week? Sitting in our patio room I told my wife. Look outdoors and on one side our yard it was pouring rain, yet above that rain, there was only sunlight. Not a cloud in sight. I had to go out and see and feel the rain to believe it. The temperature was about 45°.

How? Beats me, but it happened! Nebraska has always been known for it's ever changing weather, but this?  😶

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@PA Mom-mom He was mowing my lwaves and also mulches them, as I have COPD and can't do that anymore. He is wonderful to me and I can't thank him enough. Neighbors on both sides do my yard work. 

Esteemed Contributor

@catter70 wrote:

@PA Mom-mom He was mowing my lwaves and also mulches them, as I have COPD and can't do that anymore. He is wonderful to me and I can't thank him enough. Neighbors on both sides do my yard work. 

@catter70  What wonderful neighbors! Our neighborhood is like that too. Many of us have been here for many years, and we look out for each other.

Esteemed Contributor

I would love that change in weather. Here in Arizona we are in our 190th day of temps over 90. What I would give to have a cold rainy few days. 

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@catter70  NO! We only got a spritz of rain. Would love to see the flakes fly!  Also, it's so windy, I don't know why you would want to mow the leaves. Wait until they settle on the neighbor's yard! Hahaha!

@PA Mom-mom 

If only! We have a couple hundred trees. Unfortunately the ones in our front yard are mostly spruce trees, no leaves. Now the back yard and upwards toward our lot line, they are almost all some type of Maple tree, lots of leaves.

They end up on our roof, but since our front faces north, and most wind in fall comes from the north? Last week I mulched our couple acres 3 times. Still got a couple more to do. Am waiting till they are all off the trees and our roof, then I can park our mulching mower for the season.

Zero turn mower makes it easier, but with and uncovered engine, I am driving into dust clouds. If there is some wind, I always try to have the Discharge Chute pointed with the wind behind it.

But to do that, I have to only mulch in 1 direction, thus it takes almost twice as long. And there are wind shifts and I can barely see through the dust. Always wear my sunglasses and sealed clear goggles over them. And of course, the mask. I am a dusty mess for sure, as is the mower before I clean it.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

I would love that change in weather. Here in Arizona we are in our 190th day of temps over 90. What I would give to have a cold rainy few days. 

@Meowingkitty     I was going to reply.....but you did it for me.    So dry I can hardly spit (!!)   And I look like a potato chip.      di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

It's weather ... mother nature.  You can't predict it.