Esteemed Contributor

OLD WOMAN GETS ARRESTED FOR SHOPLIFTING

This is a story of a woman who stood before a judge after shoplifting from a local supermarket.

When she went before the judge in Cincinnati he asked her, "What did you steal?"

She replied, "A can of peaches."

Surprised at her calm demeanor, the judge asked her why she stole the peaches and she replied that she was hungry.  Then he asked her how many peaches were in the can.  She replied, 6.

The judge said, "Then I will give you six days in jail.

Before the judge could actually pronounce the punishment, the woman's husband spoke up and asked the judge if he could say something on his wife's behalf.

The judge said, "What is it?"

The husband said, "She also stole a can of peas."

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

Re: OLD WOMAN GETS ARRESTED FOR SHOPLIFTING

Oh you stinker!!!  LOL, I took that hook line and sinker. (It sounds like something my husband would do.)  ROFLOL

Respected Contributor

In real life if an older person got caught shoplifting they've probably been doing it for years and would get banned from the store before being arrested.  they might put a pack of baloney every day in their pocket for their dog.

Esteemed Contributor

@lovescats wrote:

In real life if an older person got caught shoplifting they've probably been doing it for years and would get banned from the store before being arrested.  they might put a pack of baloney every day in their pocket for their dog.

@lovescats  Probably, but this is a joke, no comparison.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@qualitygal ... Gotcha!!!!!  So the punch line took you by surprise?  I love it,  Woman LOL

Super Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma  thanks for the laugh!

Respected Contributor

LOL!!!!

Honored Contributor

Sadly Seniors are some of the worst shoplifters their are....

Regular Contributor

Yes, hook line & sinker!  Thanks for the laugh - I neede that today.