Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

As a boomer it doesn't bother me at all. We older people call the younger generation "snowflakes" and criticize how they do this and that. If you can dish it out , you should be able to take it. 

ITA @QVCkitty1 

In the case of the young lady from New Zealand,  she was right on shutting up the heckler.

I am a boomer, but I might have to throw out the occasional "OK boomer" the next time one of those trash the young peop,e threads start.  😏

Respected Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

As a boomer it doesn't bother me at all. We older people call the younger generation "snowflakes" and criticize how they do this and that. If you can dish it out , you should be able to take it. 

ITA @QVCkitty1 

In the case of the young lady from New Zealand,  she was right on shutting up the heckler.

I am a boomer, but I might have to throw out the occasional "OK boomer" the next time one of those trash the young peop,e threads start.  😏

I'm going to use it on my husband when he gets in one of his "get off my lawn" moods.

Respected Contributor

Every generation has its share of spoiled, rude, entitled people. And  although I can't speak for others, in my personal---again, I stress personal--- experience as a Gen X, I see that most of the negativity and rude and entitled behavior comes from baby boomers. So sometimes, perhaps the "OK Boomer" put down may be warranted. There seems to be a lot of "I got mine, forget about you" mentality going on and I think younger generations are hurt and angry about that. I already know I probably will still be working into my 70's if I'm still here and still healthy. 

Honored Contributor

@bathina wrote:

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

ITA @QVCkitty1 

I'm going to use it on my husband when he gets in one of his "get off my lawn" moods.

Great idea, I'm saving it for when someone my age starts spouting nonsense !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@Cumbercookie13 wrote:

Every generation has its share of spoiled, rude, entitled people. And  although I can't speak for others, in my personal---again, I stress personal--- experience as a Gen X, I see that most of the negativity and rude and entitled behavior comes from baby boomers. So sometimes, perhaps the "OK Boomer" put down may be warranted. There seems to be a lot of "I got mine, forget about you" mentality going on and I think younger generations are hurt and angry about that. I already know I probably will still be working into my 70's if I'm still here and still healthy. 

@Cumbercookie13 

I would give you a million Hearts if I could for what you just said!

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

@Cumbercookie13 wrote:

I understand why they are angry. They were sold a bill of goods about college and now are still paying on student loans well into their 30s and their salaries have not kept up (my stepdaughter is a licensed social worker and so were many of her friends at the dinner) and climate change was another big frustration. Most of the moms had one child and won't have more because of the high cost of day care, college, etc. There was also some resentment around boomers who didn't teach their sons equality in household duties, child care sharing and other complicated issues like sex assault, catcalling, etc.

Honored Contributor

@Cumbercookie13  I see them in the grocery store often, usually pushing their way  ahead of other people, or giving some poor sales person a hard time...I skulk away hanging my head in shame

Honored Contributor

@bathina wrote:

@maximillian wrote:

Yes, I have heard it.  In some circles, it is considered to be disrespectful.  Be careful how you use it and with whom you use it.

I don't consider it disrespectful, though it is condescending. I wouldn't use it since I am a boomer. 

@bathina 

But the beauty of it is....anyone can say.

It's just referring to someone with antiquated, non-progressive ideas.

That is why the New Zealand heckler was addressed that way.

Honored Contributor

@bathina wrote:

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

ITA @QVCkitty1 

Ding.

Respected Contributor

I don't think it's fair to condemn any entire group based on age, race, gender, etc. That said, Millenials have been putting up with this from older generations for ages now and I'm not surprised they're finding a way to dig back.