Respected Contributor

Saw Rolling Stones last week of course fabulous!

DH never comes does not like R&R only opera so I came home tonight go find grandkids, DD all in kitchen - unusual for them to all be there together - then DH comes in with a red carnation in his mouth, saunters/waltzes across kitchen to me then DD presses music button and Englebert Humperdink comes on singing ‘ Oh Spanish Eyes’ then DH proceeds to waltz me around.  Grand kids clapping.

DH wanted to prove ‘I can still move like Jagger’ I collapsed laughing but we did have a good dance to our old friend Englebert!  Lovely song, lovely singer and DH not so bad! Lol.  

Esteemed Contributor

I used to watch Engelbert on his tv show!!!! 

Esteemed Contributor

I liked Englebert a lot but my favorite at the time was Tom Jones!!

Esteemed Contributor

I know I'm old - but I miss all the entertainers from the past!!!!!!!!! They can't be replaced.

Esteemed Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

I liked Englebert a lot but my favorite at the time was Tom Jones!!

That's exactly what I was thinking ---- Tom Jones was the BOMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My mother loved Engelbert.

Respected Contributor

@kivah  Oh oh oh.  Tom Jones was my #1 - love him.  When I go home to U.K.  he is on t.v. a lot and he definitely is the BOMB!!

My granddaughters and DD took me on my 60th birthday to Las Vegas to see him - front row seats - at MGM Grand where we stayed had a ball loved every minute of it.  First trip to Vegas.

Valued Contributor

@NicksmomESQ and @dulwich , and @kivah , when I was about 18, I dated the saxophone player in Tom Jones' band.  My friend and I weren't interested in Tom Jones as we were huge Beatles, Led Zeppelin,  etc fans.  We used to laugh when they had to make a "human chain" to keep the ladies from attacking him when he ran down the aisle to the stage.  They all knew they didn't have to worry about my friend and I lunging for him.  That being said, the same band played for Englebert and we saw that he couldn't hold a candle to Tom Jones.  Even as teenagers we saw what an incredible showman Tom was.  now being older, I truly appreciate what an entertainer Tom Jones is....even though I'm still a diehard Beatles fan.

Esteemed Contributor

@dulwich  Englebert is one thing, but the Rolling Stones!  Now you're talking!  My favorite group since the 60s.  I have seen them in concert maybe seven times.  But the most amazing thing is that in 1968 they played at my high school football field.  They obviously we're not all that well known then to play at my small city outside of Boston.  Tell me all about the concert.  Even after his surgery, I bet Mick still has the moves, I guess as do you!  Your husband sounds like a fun guy, lucky girl.

Respected Contributor

@Carol Diane   Did you see all the underwear that was thrown at him in those dats?!!!    Believe it or not it did happen at the show in Vegas lol.  I said  to my DD are you gonna throw your bra - no way she replied this is my old comfy one! it’s a keeper.

Valued Contributor

@dulwich , yes, the bras and undies were flying.  We used to crack up when the granny panties were flung on the stage.  The sad thing is, I was laughing in my little lacy bikini underwear and now I'M in those big granny panties!!!