Super Contributor
On 9/4/2014 qualitygal said:

Have you tried this? You can choose what you want and it's good.

Whether or not someone succeeds is a choice. If you want to win, you really have to work at it and sometimes life keeps you so busy, you end up on the back burner in tending to yourself. It is a job!

It's unusual to see somebody say the foods good but the company looks to be doing good business so somebody likes & buys it (:

Honored Contributor
On 9/4/2014 voyager1980 said:
On 9/4/2014 qualitygal said:

Have you tried this? You can choose what you want and it's good.

Whether or not someone succeeds is a choice. If you want to win, you really have to work at it and sometimes life keeps you so busy, you end up on the back burner in tending to yourself. It is a job!

It's unusual to see somebody say the foods good but the company looks to be doing good business so somebody likes & buys it (:

Why follow, when you can lead? Besides that, not everyone that likes it, comments. Marie and I like it. That's 2. LOL

Honored Contributor
On 9/4/2014 Shorty2U said:

I don't understand any of these so called diets. All people have to do is cut out junk food, eat healthier food, and work out. Its that simple. There is no magic potion.

Shorty2u, I'm not slamming you or your comment, but it does strike me that this view of weight loss/maintenance is so cut and dried by very many people (our society in general), and we give much more sympathy/empathy/aid/forgiveness to those that struggle with other problems like smoking, drinking and drugging.

What you say is true, the formula for most people to not be obese is calories in less than calories burned, but the more time goes on, the more I think that many people suffer from other things that make that simple formula not work.

I think we are probably on the verge of learning a lot about obesity and weight retention that perhaps we don't know right now, and that for very many people, everything isn't that cut and dried. I don't claim to have such answers, but I think we will find chemical imbalances and perhaps a number of other things, combined with our prepared foods diet that make this problem harder to battle for a great many people.

Esteemed Contributor

Celebrities have medical procedures done regularly to keep them trim. Nutrisystem is very unhealthy -- and u gain back the weight once u stop eating their very unappetizing and tasteless food. I tried it years ago.

Honored Contributor
On 9/5/2014 mominohio said:
On 9/4/2014 Shorty2U said:

I don't understand any of these so called diets. All people have to do is cut out junk food, eat healthier food, and work out. Its that simple. There is no magic potion.

Shorty2u, I'm not slamming you or your comment, but it does strike me that this view of weight loss/maintenance is so cut and dried by very many people (our society in general), and we give much more sympathy/empathy/aid/forgiveness to those that struggle with other problems like smoking, drinking and drugging.

What you say is true, the formula for most people to not be obese is calories in less than calories burned, but the more time goes on, the more I think that many people suffer from other things that make that simple formula not work.

I think we are probably on the verge of learning a lot about obesity and weight retention that perhaps we don't know right now, and that for very many people, everything isn't that cut and dried. I don't claim to have such answers, but I think we will find chemical imbalances and perhaps a number of other things, combined with our prepared foods diet that make this problem harder to battle for a great many people.

I think you're right, but I would add one more factor into the mix: stress. I think stress has a twofold effect on weight gain: physical and emotional. There's already some science behind that. That, plus the fact that not all people react the same to stress... which would explain why not everyone has the same cause & effect.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Super Contributor

another reason qvc needs to fire all in charge an infomercial product seen on every channel at 3 am every single day and you bring it on here to take up precious time slots that could be used to show new fashion designers, shame on you Q fashion fashion fashion new blood qvc