Super Contributor

Re: Nurse who had Ebola asks bridal shop for refunds

On 11/25/2014 chrystaltree said:

I'm not sure why people still insist that this particular nurse did something wrong. Or perhaps, I do know why. Even the CDC apologized and admitted that she asked for permission to travel and they approved her travel. So, she's a villain and her fellow nurse is a hero...why? Even the selfish, self centered nurse who wouldn't inconvenience herself by accepting quarantine doesn't get the same treatment. Not to mention the doctor who went bowling before his symptoms showed. So, she wanted her $500 refund back. I don't think she even thought about the financial hit the shop took because of her diagnosis. I think the amount was so small and insignificant, it never ocurred to her that shop owner would object. No, she did not think that one through. I don't know if the free ring is even true but it Zales did give her ring, they are to be congratulated for it. If she does indeed end up with a free wedding, she deserves. She volunteered for that infections disease unit, she risked her life. She battled back from a deadly disease. On top of that, she had to withstand weeks of public condemnation and anger and insults....for nothing. Absolutely nothing. I hope she has her dream wedding!

I'm not sure why you think she's being attacked. The shop owner did nothing wrong, and actually suffered financially through no fault of her own. I don't think it's fair to expect a refund when there was no issue with the quality of service or merchandise.

Why would Ms. Vinson even expect it? It was her decision, for whatever reason, to buy the dresses elsewhere. The shop owner should not be penalized for Ms. Vinson exercising her right. If you enter into a contract, there are repercussions for breaking it.

Honored Contributor

You know, she's a nurse. If she did volunteer for the infectious disease unit, then that was her choice. She knew the hazards of doing so. As far as her getting the CDC okay to fly, even though she had a low temperature below the "threshold" she obviously doesn't have an ounce of common sense. She's entitled to nothing from the bridal shop.

Respected Contributor

I read the article twice and still don't understand why she's requesting a refund.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Trusted Contributor

On 11/25/2014 MomTo2Dogs said:

I read the article twice and still don't understand why she's requesting a refund.

Her representative is saying she was worried that the bridal shop in Cleveland had lost money because of her and I'm assuming her "reasoning" was if she had to go back for fittings with her bridal party, it would cost them more money. So she ordered dresses elsewhere and then ask the Cleveland shop for her deposit back. I'm not saying it makes sense but I think that's what happened.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Honored Contributor

......and nary a word from sweet, sweet Nina Pham & Bentley.

Funny, Nina & Amber had the exact same illness but oh, so handled it differently...and yes, the public will judge them differently, as well.

Emotion aside, LEGALLY....if Amber Vinson is within her purchase contract to cancel her order & obtain a refund, the Bridal Shop needs to fulfill that contract. I would like to think said bridal shop has insurance to cover the missed income. It's not Amber Vinson's responsibly to fund the after effect.

Is Amber Vinson still a b00b? Yep. Her medical judgement & common sense is sorely lacking. But in this bridal store case, they need to pay out the contract.

Respected Contributor

Ugh!She has alot of nerve asking for a refund.

Honored Contributor

Yes, Nina Pham handled things very well. Glad Bentley is well also.

Respected Contributor

On 11/25/2014 sidsmom said:

......and nary a word from sweet, sweet Nina Pham & Bentley.

Funny, Nina & Amber had the exact same illness but oh, so handled it differently...and yes, the public will judge them differently, as well.

Emotion aside, LEGALLY....if Amber Vinson is within her purchase contract to cancel her order & obtain a refund, the Bridal Shop needs to fulfill that contract. I would like to think said bridal shop has insurance to cover the missed income. It's not Amber Vinson's responsibly to fund the after effect.

Is Amber Vinson still a b00b? Yep. Her medical judgement & common sense is sorely lacking. But in this bridal store case, they need to pay out the contract.

And so legally you think it goes to the insurance policy for the bridal shop? Not so fast. The insurance that covers this dress, loss of dress and expenses does not entitle this woman to a refund. If anything she could get her fittings done local. Bridal shops are like perishable items they have a short life span like anything that is one of a kind. And considered frivolous and seasonal. The shop owner is within her rights to deny a refund. After all the expense that she had to put out because of this woman. And loss of income she would be footing the bill on this not her insurance. This was a man made disaster that could of easily been avoided. Insurance should not be made to pay for reckless behavior on this nurses part.

Respected Contributor

On 11/25/2014 adelle38 said:
On 11/25/2014 MomTo2Dogs said:

Her representative is saying she was worried that the bridal shop in Cleveland had lost money because of her and I'm assuming her "reasoning" was if she had to go back for fittings with her bridal party, it would cost them more money. So she ordered dresses elsewhere and then ask the Cleveland shop for her deposit back. I'm not saying it makes sense but I think that's what happened.

Thanks. It's very convoluted thinking. She should have just asked them if they could do fittings somewhere other than in the shop.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor

Go figure.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown