Super Contributor

Re: Nurse who had Ebola asks bridal shop for refunds

I hate those sorts of apologies, that are "I'm sorry you're offended" rather than "I'm sorry I caused offence". Her apology, "I'm sorry it wasn't received in the spirit it was intended" is hollow and obnoxious.

And her attorney should keep his mouth shut, "no comment", rather than digging his client's hole bigger.

Super Contributor

On 11/25/2014 MJ 12 said:

If she chose to not get her dresses there for any reason and decided to go elsewhere - she is not entitled to any refund and should not have even requested it.

I agree that it was her own choice so no refund should be given.

Esteemed Contributor

The whole wedding will probably end up free or close to it.

Esteemed Contributor

I just love people who feel entitled......NOT!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

On 11/25/2014 MJ 12 said:

If she chose to not get her dresses there for any reason and decided to go elsewhere - she is not entitled to any refund and should not have even requested it.

I agree!! That business had to close for several days to decontaminate the shop because of her actions!!

Asking for a refund?? Not in my book-- what chutzpah!!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Super Contributor

On 11/25/2014 BeckiWV said:

The whole wedding will probably end up free or close to it.

i think that is her goal!!

Respected Contributor

On 11/25/2014 brii said:
On 11/25/2014 shesallthat said:

she is riding the gravy train brii! zales just gifted her with a free engagement ring a few weeks ago!

I heard about the ring.

Did someone give her free dresses too? I'm confused about why she would want a refund.

Good question. That would really be something if she is getting free dresses elsewhere. Then she screws the shop out of the sale and wants the deposit back.
Honored Contributor

I'm not sure why people still insist that this particular nurse did something wrong. Or perhaps, I do know why. Even the CDC apologized and admitted that she asked for permission to travel and they approved her travel. So, she's a villain and her fellow nurse is a hero...why? Even the selfish, self centered nurse who wouldn't inconvenience herself by accepting quarantine doesn't get the same treatment. Not to mention the doctor who went bowling before his symptoms showed. So, she wanted her $500 refund back. I don't think she even thought about the financial hit the shop took because of her diagnosis. I think the amount was so small and insignificant, it never ocurred to her that shop owner would object. No, she did not think that one through. I don't know if the free ring is even true but it Zales did give her ring, they are to be congratulated for it. If she does indeed end up with a free wedding, she deserves. She volunteered for that infections disease unit, she risked her life. She battled back from a deadly disease. On top of that, she had to withstand weeks of public condemnation and anger and insults....for nothing. Absolutely nothing. I hope she has her dream wedding!

Trusted Contributor

On 11/25/2014 chrystaltree said:

I'm not sure why people still insist that this particular nurse did something wrong. Or perhaps, I do know why. Even the CDC apologized and admitted that she asked for permission to travel and they approved her travel. So, she's a villain and her fellow nurse is a hero...why? Even the selfish, self centered nurse who wouldn't inconvenience herself by accepting quarantine doesn't get the same treatment. Not to mention the doctor who went bowling before his symptoms showed. So, she wanted her $500 refund back. I don't think she even thought about the financial hit the shop took because of her diagnosis. I think the amount was so small and insignificant, it never ocurred to her that shop owner would object. No, she did not think that one through. I don't know if the free ring is even true but it Zales did give her ring, they are to be congratulated for it. If she does indeed end up with a free wedding, she deserves. She volunteered for that infections disease unit, she risked her life. She battled back from a deadly disease. On top of that, she had to withstand weeks of public condemnation and anger and insults....for nothing. Absolutely nothing. I hope she has her dream wedding!

AV changed her story and said she didn't even know she was sick until she returned to Dallas.

As for the bridal shop, she knew it had taken a financial hit per her attorney:

"Attorney Stephen Malouf said Vinson, who has recovered, saw the publicity of her case harm the store and decided to get bridesmaids' dresses elsewhere to avoid further scrutiny for the business."

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Honored Contributor

On 11/25/2014 Preds said:

Does this poor woman ever think before she acts? Hello ... is anybody in there?

Ain't that the truth!!! Stuck on stupid!!!