Frequent Contributor

Was Curious.. if you could press restart, Knowning what you know, would you have preferred to be born when you were, or would you choose to be born now?  I miss the  70's and 80's when life was somewhat simple

They younger generation today cant seem to wrap their heads around the fact that we didnt have the technology that they have . They dont believe at midnight the star spangled banner would play and the TV would go off  . Banks would only be open from 10 till 3 etc

So would you choose now or then?

Respected Contributor

@aj1980 wrote:

Was Curious.. if you could press restart, Knowning what you know, would you have preferred to be born when you were, or would you choose to be born now?  I miss the  70's and 80's when life was somewhat simple

They younger generation today cant seem to wrap their heads around the fact that we didnt have the technology that they have . They dont believe at midnight the star spangled banner would play and the TV would go off  . Banks would only be open from 10 till 3 etc

I would choose then.  In fact, I wouldn't have minded being born sooner than I was.  Not a fan of "now a days."

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

Re: Now Or Then

[ Edited ]

I'd rather be born when I was born, in the 50's, so I could grow up seeing how people with opposing viewpoints still treated each other respectfully and often had to work together to accomplish goals. I also like it because I was able to witness the huge growth in science, technology and medicine. I also like that I was born soon after a war like no other, which changed minds and brought our country together. I also liked growing up seeing the country the center of so many innovations in fields from beauty to new foods. 

✌️

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@aj1980 wrote:

Banks also didn't open on Saturdays, have direct deposit, have ATM cards or have online payments. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't recall the 1970s and 1980s being "simple" at all.

I find things much "simpler" now, given the enormous technological advances.  Banking online is much easier than needing to visit a branch for a "simple" transaction. 

Guess it depends on what "simple" means to you.

Trusted Contributor

Definitely happy to say, " then."  I was born in 1947.  

Valued Contributor

I prefer the simple life, who needs several hundred tv stations, needless texts all day long, applying for everything online, relying on a cell phone that cuts out in the middle of an important conversation, endless emails (so impersonal!).

do appreciate many modern day advances - tests that will detect medical problems and life-saving surgeries that are available now.  And shopping online, it's the greatest!

But there's nothing like the simple life.

Honored Contributor

THEN!!!!!!!!!😁 Being born now, knowing what I know is NOT a comforting thought.😊 

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Trusted Contributor

My second grade teacher told my mom that she thought I was born 40 years old.  I've never really felt I fit in with my generation. 

Honored Contributor

That's a no brainer. LOL!!! I rather be born when I was. I feel sorry for those born now.

We have so much more Technology but for some reason it's not being utilized? We are being kept from moving forward.