Esteemed Contributor

Now I KNOW That Spring Is Right Around the Corner!

Some may have a rodent named Phil, to tell them when Spring is comming, but as for me, I have Canadian Geese.

Where I live,the geese like to come down for the winter, from Canada, so we are on their migratory path.

I look forward them every fall, and am sad to see them leave in the Spring.

Today, gaggle after gaggle after gaggle of geese have flown over, honking as they head back North, back to Canada.

Some gaggles were quite large, over a hundred individual birds, by my estimation.

Such a beautiful sight to see the sky filled with these incredible birds!

I know that it's silly, but as they flew overhead, I would wave good-bye to them, and I would say, "Bye! See you in the Fall! Have safe travels!"

Canadian Geese1.jpg

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

Re: Now I KNOW That Spring Is Right Around the Corner!

It is a magnificent sight isn't it?

However, we have some Canadian geese who have decided to live more stationary lives in the mid-atlantic states (Pennsylvania being one) all year.  I get to hear them honk away as they head back to where ever it is that they sleep the night away.  We also get to see them feeding and swimming in the lakes nearby.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

Excellent Film:  Flyaway Home  

I highly recommend it. 

Honored Contributor

Thursday, March 19....Spring Equinox.

Trusted Contributor

The geese were probably very confused this year since the weather was much warmer than other winters, so far at least. Let's hope it slides from this weather to a normal Spring. I so look forward to Spring and the trees bursting forth with their flowers, the tulips, daffodils and hyacinths coming into bloom and the beautiful floral scent in the air.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

One of life's special pleasures is when I can watch geese flying by and honking.

I just love them.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Respected Contributor

Last spring was the first time in over 10 yrs that we had a couple of Canada Geese raise their babies at our pond. I love watching them. The adults are very observant and protective of their goslings. By the time the babies are close to their parents in size they all leave together.

Hope they return this year.

Respected Contributor

I had my first smell of spring yesterday. It's skunk time.

Honored Contributor

We have been seeing robins and geese but they'll run and hide today.  It is -8 degrees with windchill of -30 right now.